Thread: Got a job offer while residence visa in progress

Default Got a job offer while residence visa in progress

Dear JandM and my friends in ENZ Forum

Last week, I got a job offer from a vendor who have worked with me previously in same project and this time he is offering me a job in NZ. It seems, for last 4 months when the company advertised the job in NZ, there was no successful candidates and now they are considering to hire me and willing to offer me work visa. My question here is, I am still waiting for my residence visa application status and now with job offer in place, can I share the details with my CO and request her if she could speed up my application or provide feedback to process on my work visa? I am currently so confused, it is good that I have been offereda job but right now I don't know what will be my visa option?

Please advice for those who have similar situation like me.

Many thanks

Regardless of your SMC application, you need to go ahead and apply for a work visa - what kind depends on what the employer's circumstances are and what he is offering to support you for. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...k-visa-options Any temporary work visa can be processed more quickly than a residence visa, and will enable you to get to NZ and begin working in the shortest possible time. There is no way of speeding up processing of the SMC application to get you working in NZ in a reasonable amount of time for the employer who is waiting for you.

Once you have the definite offer of a job, and the contract with all the small print, you can send certified copies of these to your CO who is working your Residence application, and s/he will include those details in your case. If all is successful with the new job, this will mean that you don't have to get the SMC job search visa, but instead will get Residence outright.

Hi JandM,

Apologised for the delay on providing my comments. Thanks for sharing your feedback and I will inform my CO on the job offer and shall wait for her to comment as well.

Hi ,would like to know what was ur co’s reply on ur job offer and if ur visa got processed ?im in the same situation as you ,I’ve cleared the interview and about to get offer while my SMC from offshore In progress.thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Banupriyam View Post
    Hi ,would like to know what was ur co’s reply on ur job offer and if ur visa got processed ?im in the same situation as you ,I’ve cleared the interview and about to get offer while my SMC from offshore In progress.thanks
    A job offer will take you from JSV to a residence visa. the question is how long it might take for that approval, and if you are needed more quickly than residennce is approved, should you be applying for essential skills visa. ,

Thanks Chris .got .

At least you've already gathered the documentation for SMC, so putting together your application for a temporary work visa shouldn't take long! Hopefully they will let you use the same medicals and everything...

Understand.thanks for the information.