Thread: Partner of a New Zealand Resident

Default Partner of a New Zealand Resident

Hi there,

Haven't had much luck with finding a thread regarding the INZ 1000 Visa so please point me in the right direction if there is one!

I am a Uk citizen and married to my husband who is a new zealand citizen- he is currently over in the UK on an ancestory visa. My husband, myself and our 1 year old child (dual- citizen) are hoping to be arriving in NZ before xmas...

I have sent my 'Partner of a New Zealand resident visa' off to Auckland- We are in the UK- i have been able to track it through Royal Mail that it was delivered there on the 15th May but haven't had any money taken out of our bank account or acknowledgement that it has been received. Whilst i am aware that there will be a waiting time i presumed that the fee would be taken out pretty soon after it was received? is it worth calling/ emailing to chase?

Anyone have any ideas or in a similar situation?

Many Thanks!

INZ are very busy at the moment, and many people have been finding the same thing as you - that packages haven't been being opened immediately upon arrival, so the fee wasn't taken either. So don't worry, as you're having the same experience as others.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    INZ are very busy at the moment, and many people have been finding the same thing as you - that packages haven't been being opened immediately upon arrival, so the fee wasn't taken either. So don't worry, as you're having the same experience as others.
    Hi, many thanks for your reply. Have you also applied for this visa? If so would you mind sharing your timeline

Many thanks!

No, I don't have an application in. I'm the site admin, so I see what is happening to others.