Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ITA Submission May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by pianista View Post
    My status changed today to approved. Yeah!!!
    Congratulations! That is really fast.

Quick question:
    Is it unusual to not receive an ITA just after EOI has been selected? Most people on here seems to get it within 10 days but it has already been more than three weeks for me.
    Last edited by Gunkub; 19th July 2018 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Quote missing

I received today the AIP letter asking to send principal applicant's passport to Immigration. We are really happy and we would like to let people know about some details in our process;
    I've read in somewhere that isn't a good idea claim more than 160 points because this is more things that case officer needs to check, and then your application will take more time to processed...
    Well, We've claimed 190 points, 10 years of work experience with the same kind of skilled job in Brazil, we know that INZ emailed ex employer in Brazil because they told us.
    I just want to wish good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pianista View Post
    I received today the AIP letter asking to send principal applicant's passport to Immigration. We are really happy and we would like to let people know about some details in our process;
    I've read in somewhere that isn't a good idea claim more than 160 points because this is more things that case officer needs to check, and then your application will take more time to processed...
    Well, We've claimed 190 points, 10 years of work experience with the same kind of skilled job in Brazil, we know that INZ emailed ex employer in Brazil because they told us.
    I just want to wish good luck to everyone.
    I thought immigration started using evisa instead of sticker ON your passport. Do they still require your passport to be sent to them, any reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkub View Post
    Congratulations! That is really fast.

Quick question:
    Is it unusual to not receive an ITA just after EOI has been selected? Most people on here seems to get it within 10 days but it has already been more than three weeks for me.
    It entirely depends how busy INZ are at the time. If you have been reading about a 10-day gap, those people were lucky - it is often several weeks, so your case is not out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by minikong View Post
    I thought immigration started using evisa instead of sticker ON your passport. Do they still require your passport to be sent to them, any reasons?
    Someone else has recently been told that INZ can need to see the actual passport to verify it, in some circumstances. Having eVisas for Residence has only just started happening, so there haven't been enough cases to judge if this will be a regular occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Someone else has recently been told that INZ can need to see the actual passport to verify it, in some circumstances. Having eVisas for Residence has only just started happening, so there haven't been enough cases to judge if this will be a regular occurrence.
    Thanks JandM for the info, it is very true case can be all different.
    Just one off-topic question, My CO emailed on 10th July that my case is in quality check process and indicated that INZ is experiencing extreme delay with quality check, however I rang INZ contact centre yesterday for a quick update and the officer who answered phone advised my case is still in internal check, not in 2pc. I am bit confused here that the call centre was saying my case is not in quality check process as my CO said. Would that because my case probably waiting in its queue for quality check, so the status in system will not change until it gets picked up by quality check officer? Appreciate any inputs if you are familiar with this, much appreciate!!!

That sounds as if it could be a logical explanation. On the other hand, experience has shown that the telephone answerers vary in how efficient they are. People on the forum have tried it out, phoning four times in one day and getting four different answers to the same question. Your CO is the skilled, trained officer - I know who I'd prefer to believe.

That sounds as if it could be a logical explanation. On the other hand, experience has shown that the telephone answerers vary in how efficient they are. People on the forum have tried it out, phoning four times in one day and getting four different answers to the same question. Your CO is the skilled, trained officer - I know who I'd prefer to believe.
    Thanks JandM, I would agree with your kind comments that CO is skilled trained officer who will be more professional and the front person know about the application better.
    Thanks for your reply, always a pleasure.

It entirely depends how busy INZ are at the time. If you have been reading about a 10-day gap, those people were lucky - it is often several weeks, so your case is not out of the ordinary.
    Thanks JandM

That give me a little peace of mind. I guess in the mean time I should get all my documents ready.

Are there any other obvious ‘hinders’ that will delay my document preparation other than getting them translated? My qualification is from NZ so I think I don’t have to get it approve from NZQA.

Also in agreement with other people here. Experience with call centres vary quite a lot and it seems to depend on what time of the day you’re calling them as well.

My good experience seems to be in the late morning uptil lunch time.

Waiting for documents from another country's institutions can take a while, e.g. police checks from some countries.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast