Thread: Confused..

Unhappy Confused..

Hi all,

I am waiting for the outcome of my residency applications.

I have called on two separate occasions:

The first time I was advised that my application is in the second person stage and an outcome was expected last week or this week.

The second time I called I was advised that a decision has been made, however, it's not in the stage of second person check. I also informed that my CO isn't responding to my consequent e-mail after I sent the info they needed (linked to language test results for my wife). Anyway, my other concern that I discussed was that my visa expires in the next 2.5 months. So I asked the call centre if I need to apply for a new visa or wait for the outcome. I was asked to wait until end of June, first week of July. I said further that the CO is not responding to my emails to which she said that all COs are busy and that "no news is good news". I am not sure what she meant or she intended to give me a hint.

Can anyone advise on the above based on interactions with the call centre?

I have no problem with waiting but besides the inconsistency in terms of responses received from the call centre, I am also beginning to worry about these situations:

Scenario 1:

If I don't hear back until end of June or first week of July, I need to apply for a visa immediately. I understand that I will get a temporary visa (for a year maybe). However, currently I am a partner of a worker work visa (through my wife) and I am on a dependent whereas in my residency application it is the opposite. I am the prime applicant and my wife is the dependent.

So if I apply for a temporary visa, will I have to apply through my wife as a dependent based on current scenario or apply as a prime applicant based on my residency. What is the procedure to apply for this sort of visa and what is it called? If not possible to share here, please PM me. Much appreciated.

Scenario 2:

If my residency is declined (hope not), I will need to apply for essential skills visa. However, the current time-frame of getting essential skills visa is 2 - 3 months. So my interim visa condition will be visitor since it will be a different visa from my current visa.This will result into me taking a break and being on paid or unpaid leave depending on my leave balance.

It's impossible to say with certainty what the telephone answerer meant. She could have been wanting to give you a hint, but as you know, there is information that INZ is not allowed to give over the phone, so she could just have been finding a polite way to say she wasn't going to answer. I don't think there is inconsistency between the two replies. When you first called, your case was with 2pc checking. At the time of the second call, a decision has been made and it's not with 2pc - well, I would take that to mean that the 2pc official had finished with it, and it was on its way back to the CO.

1. You could do either. Applying in your own right, you would probably go for an Essential Skills visa. However, applying for the same kind of visa as you currently have would be easier, needing much less evidence (only the partnership, which INZ already recognize, as opposed to work and qualifications).

2. Cross that bridge IF you come to it. Don't overthink this. If there was reason to refuse your application, you would have had a PPI message and had a chance to comment on whatever problem the CO seemed to have found.

Thanks J and M!