Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parents / Grandparents visitor visa processing timeline experience

Default Parents / Grandparents visitor visa processing timeline experience

Hi,

I was about to file for a Parent / Grandparent visitor visa for my wife's parents, but just noticed that the official timeframe has been revised to 5 months! I seem to recall this was 20 days (though my memory may not serve well).

I understand that the timeframe indicated on the website is simply a guidance. Was wondering what others are seeing in terms of actual wait for Parent / Grandparent visitor visa? They are in good health with recent medical tests, and we expect the medicals to come back clean without concerns.

Are you talking about "General Visitor Visa" for parents?
    OR
    "Special Category Visitor Visa" ?

"General Visitor Visa" for my parents got approval in about 2 to 3 weeks in November 2017.

Can you post the link where it is "the official timeframe has been revised to 5 months" ?

I was referring to Parents and Grandparents special category visa. Check here - under timeframes. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...y-visitor-visa

That link did not want to work for me. If other people are having trouble, they can try Googling "INZ Fees, decision times and where to apply."

Same for me too, that page says "Page not found"

Quote Originally Posted by IsildursHeir View Post
    I was referring to Parents and Grandparents special category visa. Check here - under timeframes. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...y-visitor-visa

If you go to the page I said, found by Google, then enter the kind of visa you are interested in, that takes you there.

Yes, looks like INZ changed stuff over the weekend. For now, the new link is this (till further changes so JandM's approach would be more foolproof) -
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...y-visitor-visa

Quote Originally Posted by IsildursHeir View Post
    Hi,

I was about to file for a Parent / Grandparent visitor visa for my wife's parents, but just noticed that the official timeframe has been revised to 5 months! I seem to recall this was 20 days (though my memory may not serve well).

I understand that the timeframe indicated on the website is simply a guidance. Was wondering what others are seeing in terms of actual wait for Parent / Grandparent visitor visa? They are in good health with recent medical tests, and we expect the medicals to come back clean without concerns.
    I got one within 2 months whereas the other took almost 8 months for processing. 8 month delay was due to the travel agent who did not inform us of the further medicals requested by INZ. you can most probably get it under 2 months provided their health condition is all good. We have had back n forth communication with INZ with regards to my father's health condition due to diabetes.

My mom is diabetic - type 2.
    Would it be a problem if she applies for the general visitor visa or arent / Grandparent visitor visa?

INZ require people to do medicals when they're applying for the kind of visa when they will be in NZ for some long time, and may in due course become eligible for health care from the NZ Health Service. People on visitors' visas don't get this except in an emergency, and need to have their own medical insurance in case they need any minor treatment while in NZ.

Your mother can apply for a visitor's visa if she meets the conditions. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria Her state of health doesn't come into it unless she comes from a country where TB is endemic, or if she's hoping to stay in NZ for over 12 months. She would have to carry her own medical supplies, and have insurance.

If she applied for a parent/grandparent visa, she would have to have a medical. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria Diabetes which is under control by well-known medications is no barrier to being passed as having an Acceptable Standard of Health (ASH).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast