Thread: Woek experience bonus points

Default Woek experience bonus points

Hey everyone!

Just a question about my recent SMC application, I claimed 2 years experience points (20 points) in my EOI, and recently my eoi was selected (2nd May) and I have got my ITA letter received. However, the skill employment experience I have listed in the EOI is actually 21 months! it will be 24 months on August this year , but I have claimed 2 years experience points and it got selected and get "decision successful" ! I am so surprised by that!

Today I have sent my application to INZ already with all my current works experience evidences, passsport copy, police certificate, qualification etc. My question is

1. Will immigraton officer decline my application because it is simply not 24months at the time I have submitted my application?

2. I have sent my application but if immigration come back to me with the query about my experience, but by that time I will get 24 month experience! So can this period of experience, the experience after I have submitted my application counted as skill employment experience that supports my cliam in my application?

Thank you so much for your help!
    Last edited by cheyan34; 25th May 2018 at 02:13 PM.

I don't think what you did was right because when you fill the EOI, all the information entered should be true AS PER THAT DATE. INZ can't rely on what might become of a situation in future. The CO will be very much in his/her right to probe this matter further. As of now, I think you should let INZ know about this error, else they might deem it to be a case of fraud if this comes up later. Sorry I don't mean to scare you, but I think this matter has some potential of blowing up in your face. Better safe than sorry!

30 hours x 52 weeks = 1560 hours are considered skilled experience for 1 year. You can calculate yourself if you have done 1560 hours of skilled experience in 9 months (of the 2nd year). If yes, then no need to worry at all.

Thanks for your answer! very helpful, I work 40hrs per week and I got 1664 hrs in 9 months, totally is 3304 hrs experience
    Last edited by cheyan34; 25th May 2018 at 04:07 PM.

DannyGreen, can you give a source for saying that would be accepted?

I haven't found the wording that says the hours can be totalled and divided by thirty as an equivalent to weeks of work. Can you point that out? The operational manual only quotes points for actual years passed in a job. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm...c.htm?6954.htm And here is where they mention that 30-hour weeks are all they credit, though the person may have routinely worked longer. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm...c.htm?6954.htm