Thread: Partnership Visa new timelines

Question Partnership Visa new timelines

I noticed the time frames to process “Partnership-Based” has recently increased from 25 days to 4 months on the INZ website. Has anyone seen or heard of applications being expedited for humanitarian reasons??

Situation....
    Partner: Limited Visa, required to exit NZ to apply for new visa
    Myself: NZ Citizen
    Child: NZ Citizen - 2 months old
    We planned to return to partners home country for 1 month based on original time frames required for new visa application. Based on new requirements we now need 4 months, which we don't have as I need to return to work... We also want to avoid a situation where the family is separated as baby needs to settle into a home

p.s attempted to lodge application online, however got through the first page of questions and advised to fill in paper application... good work INZ

If you meet the requirements for the Partnership Visa, then apply, once you have an application in you will get issued with a interim visa while it gets processed.... Well thats my understanding, and what ive read has happened with most people on here...

Quote Originally Posted by rushtoe View Post
    I noticed the time frames to process “Partnership-Based” has recently increased from 25 days to 4 months on the INZ website. Has anyone seen or heard of applications being expedited for humanitarian reasons??

Situation....
    Partner: Limited Visa, required to exit NZ to apply for new visa
    Myself: NZ Citizen
    Child: NZ Citizen - 2 months old
    We planned to return to partners home country for 1 month based on original time frames required for new visa application. Based on new requirements we now need 4 months, which we don't have as I need to return to work... We also want to avoid a situation where the family is separated as baby needs to settle into a home

p.s attempted to lodge application online, however got through the first page of questions and advised to fill in paper application... good work INZ
    You guys can probably go home first, then apply for partnership working visa ( provided that you have evidence of living together while she's on limited visa but take note that immigration normally approve a 3 month good evidence of living together based on what others experience here.) OR apply for another visit visa in her home country then once she get approved, gather evidence of living together.. apply for partnership working visa.. this is not an immigration advise but just sharing the pathway i had. ��

I see the situation your partner is in, with the limited visa. I don't know that INZ ever speed up the process on compassionate grounds, but in your place, I would ask. You may end up having to come back to NZ for your work alone, but on the other hand, you might get lucky.

(This is a situation where the partner MUST apply from outside NZ, so interim visas don't come into the picture.)

When I applied for my Partnership Residency Visa, I was told on the phone that I was in a "fast-track" queue for applicants who are currently out of the country. At the very least you may wish to try submitting your application from overseas just to get into the faster queue. It still took nearly 6 months to complete, however.

Thank you all for sharing experiences. Will update with an outcome

This has turned into a nightmare.. We decided to go down the VV option in hope of a quick turn around... we spent 6 weeks in my partners home country and we are still awaiting an outcome ....
    I've now had to return to NZ for work, alone and no indication of time frames on when i'll see my partner and 4 month old child again.

Is it time to seek legal advice?

It doesn't sound as though anything unusual is happening to your case - taking this long is what happens to many/most applicants at the moment. That being the case, there would probably not be any advantage in employing a lawyer or LIA - no one like that has any "pull" that can influence INZ to deal with your husband's application before its turn.

I know your are anxious and disappointed, but it's important to keep a cool head and do the right things while you wait, to make it easier for the CO, when you get one, to do your paperwork. You need to keep clear records of how you are keeping in contact with your husband while you are apart. See the bottom paragraph here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ly/partnership Also, see these old threads https://www.google.com/search?ei=duh....0.IKqJ9S9Xsp8, which have discussion of and examples of evidence of partnership. You will need to think about how to show your personal contacts, and also how you are co-operating on your financial affairs, and decisions about the home you are setting up for your family.

Quote Originally Posted by rushtoe View Post
    This has turned into a nightmare... : (
    I've now had to return to NZ for work, alone and no indication of time frames on when i'll see my partner and 4 month old child again.

Is it time to seek legal advice?
    rushtoe - So sorry to hear about your situation. I can imagine it is very difficult. Just to help generate ideas, some ways to help prove you keep in touch is to download Skype or Viber (WhatsApp, FaceTime, etc.) chat and call/video logs to prove you are in contact. Also, no harm in sending (heartfelt) emails about your time apart and looking forward to being together again.

JandM has good advice. Showing financial / household ties is key.

I will hope for a speedy resolution for you and your family.