Thread: Policy Change for Resident Visa After November 2017

Default Policy Change for Resident Visa After November 2017

Hello Group Members,

i came to know that the immigration policies has been changed since November 2017 for the resident visa applications,

anyone who have any kind of education obtained from NZ will be entitled for resident visa, if not he will be given WTR instead. so with this regards i want to ask if some who don't have any NZ education and got there resident visa approved after Nov2017. please share.

looking for a response from Senior members as well.

thanks,

This sounds as though you are concerned about something in your own situation, or for someone you know. What is it that is bothering you?

What you have quoted there is not the full story. ALL the regulations are here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm...c.htm?6954.htm

Also, anyone who submitted their application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category BEFORE the rules changed will have had their case worked according to the previous requirements - so some people you have asked to hear from, whose residence came through after the rule change but who submitted before it, may not have experience which is relevant to you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This sounds as though you are concerned about something in your own situation, or for someone you know. What is it that is bothering you?

What you have quoted there is not the full story. ALL the regulations are here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm...c.htm?6954.htm

Also, anyone who submitted their application for residence under the Skilled Migrant Category BEFORE the rules changed will have had their case worked according to the previous requirements - so some people you have asked to hear from, whose residence came through after the rule change but who submitted before it, may not have experience which is relevant to you at all.

Thanks,JandM.. actually i have secured 165points without claiming points for my wife. i just was concerned that if i apply for resident visa under skill shortage list would they gave me WTR instead of RV.
    Just to let you know i have had RV visa before which expired in September 2017 , me and my family stayed for 30 days in NZ before exiting the country. and i'm in need to reactivate the RV. i'm looking for options.
    pls support.

Quote Originally Posted by emi257 View Post
    Thanks,JandM.. actually i have secured 165points without claiming points for my wife. i just was concerned that if i apply for resident visa under skill shortage list would they gave me WTR instead of RV.
    Just to let you know i have had RV visa before which expired in September 2017 , me and my family stayed for 30 days in NZ before exiting the country. and i'm in need to reactivate the RV. i'm looking for options.
    pls support.
    then if your RV has expired (and you didn't extend it or get a PRV), then you will need to begin the process from the beginning, with the rules as they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    then if your RV has expired (and you didn't extend it or get a PRV), then you will need to begin the process from the beginning, with the rules as they are today.
    thanks Chris,

what about the condition under RV4 Grant of a second or subsequent resident visa. would that be an option.

Your eligibility will depend on how long it’s been since your Resident Visa expired and your commitment to New Zealand before that.
    Check it here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa