Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highly confused about Requirements for skilled work experience.

Default Highly confused about Requirements for skilled work experience.

I appreciate in advance all help and advice you can give me.

I'm try to order my ideas and interpret the operations manual regarding sections SM7.10 and SM7.15, specifically to my case.
    I am currently out of new zealand and I am evaluating my chances of accessing the SMC.
    If I have an offer for skilled employment from a New Zealand employer and all my work experience, 10 years in total, has been in my native country, which is not on the list of Comparable Labor Market, they can accept as valid my experience done my country?

Because the operations manual says in SM7.15 Work experience must have been gained in a labor market that is comparable to the New Zealand labor market unless:

a: the work experience meets the requirements set out at SM7.30 for work experience in an area of ​​absolute skills shortage; or
    b: the main applicant has current skilled employment in New Zealand or an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand.

Part B of the statute is what causes my doubts, if I am applying offshore and have a job offer for New Zealand, will my experience be validated?

Thanks in advance.

Your work experience CAN be counted, although gained in a labour market considered non-comparable, IF you have a skilled job or the offer of a skilled job in NZ. SM7.15 b. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm...c.htm?6954.htm

Thanks for this great notice, my alarms and doubts jumped by this theadhttps://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54743 , in this thread he mentions that the reason why his application was rejected was because his work experience gained in his country of origin did not meet the specifications of the SM7.15, but how is possible? If, it's clearly that all of your experiences are skilled, Why the CO issues that resolution?

Could it be the absence of a job offer?

That person is applying from offshore without a NZ job.

I understand, in this case, I think CO had some reason to apply SM7.15, but not at all, left much to the discretion of the CO for the application of the manual. Thanks to clarify

Remember that when you read someone's experience on the threads, you don't get to know all the fine details of their case, which the CO sees in their evidence. COs don't have discretion to interpret the regulations, but have to apply them as they stand. If there is some doubt so an applicant feels the need to argue a point, a CO will sometimes refer the matter to a TA (Technical Adviser), a senior official who is charged with deciding marginal matters.

Hi, In relation to this concern, We are applying for residence and we are now onshore here in NZ as my parner is already working in a NZ firm. We want to get the points for offshore work experience , my parnet is has worked for a multinational company in our country of origin which is based in US so this mean we can get points for this ? , also it is really require to get a the details of work experience , for we do only have the employment certificate ( includes company details , position , durationg of stay in the company ) , we do have also the yearly income tax , and the some payslip ...

See the regulations. If the experience is shown to be with a MNC, it can be counted.

Besides the information you mention, INZ need to know the regular hours worked per week, and exact details of your responsibilities, as well as the qualifications necessary to be employed in the job. You will need to give a contact who can confirm these matters.

Noted , Thanks JandM

One more concern, is it possible if you intentionally don't want to get the points for work offshore experience as per checking we have more than 165 point without points from expereince ... just in case we dont want to get more paper works for the previous work expereince

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast