Thread: Validity of Job Offer - SMC Resident Visa

Default Validity of Job Offer - SMC Resident Visa

Hi,

I am applying for SMC resident visa based on job offer from NZ. I first applied Essential skills work visa which was denied as INZ were not satisfied with my prospective employer's market checks.

No I am applying SMC resident visa based on same job offer as there is no need of market checks in case of SMC. I have following question:

1- Is there any requirement of validity of job offer?? My job was offered on 05-Feb-18 without mentioning start date for joining and I am expected to submit EOI by end of June-18. Should I get a new offer letter from my employer or the one I already have will suffice??

Regards,

There is nothing in the regulations to say it won't be valid for this application also. If INZ want a new letter, they will tell you.

Thanks JandM..

Quote Originally Posted by ozman750 View Post
    Hi,

1- Is there any requirement of validity of job offer?? My job was offered on 05-Feb-18 without mentioning start date for joining and I am expected to submit EOI by end of June-18. Should I get a new offer letter from my employer or the one I already have will suffice??

Regards,
    Just looking at this from a Case Officer perspective, please be aware that the fact that there is no mention of a start date (not even to say "Upon grant of appropriate visa") and that the job offer has remained open for more than 4 months now without you starting is likely to raise suspicion. Think of it this way: if an employer has a vacancy and genuinely needs to fill it, reasons why they are willing to leave the offer open to just one person who is unable to take up the job promptly are likely to be checked out. If it's a genuine vacancy and the company genuinely needs someone to do that job, INZ will be looking for why the company can cope without someone filling that role for several months. It's not to say that it will definitely cause issues, just be aware that INZ is likely to view it that way and be prepared to explain the situation.

For me i hv lost my job offer and im trying to figure out what to do