Thread: Problem with sponsorship

Unhappy Problem with sponsorship

Hello!

My partner recently got his 9-month visitor visa approved with my mother sponsoring his stay until April. However, my mother will be travelling overseas in December for a long holiday, while my partner and I will be staying in NZ.

We were wondering if this holiday will turn out as a breach of her sponsorship for him?

There is a clause stating that the sponsor must be living in NZ for the duration of the sponsored person’s stay. Will a holiday overseas be considered as no longer living in NZ? We have no clue what to do if it is a breach, since the holiday has already been paid for.

We will be applying for his work visa under partnership with me by December, however. Will that ‘save’ us from breaching the sponsorship?
    Last edited by NZdreaming; 11th June 2018 at 08:56 PM.

How long a holiday?

She’ll be out of NZ for 3 weeks, JandM.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    How long a holiday?
    She’ll be out of NZ for 3 weeks, JandM. Would you know if that length of time would be considered a breach of the sponsorship?

What is confusing is that the website says “live in NZ for the duration of the sponsorship” while the sponsorship form stated “will be ordinarily resident in NZ”

I don't think that, for a holiday, is going to be a problem. She's not going to LIVE in another country (as, for instance, someone might if they took on a contract to work overseas for six months), so she won't be changing her home.

Thank you very much!