Thread: Permanent Resident requirement

Question Permanent Resident requirement

Hi all,

I would like to ask about PRV requirement.

To make it easy, if my RV granted on 01/07/2016, considering the requirement below:

1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand
    You have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total
    of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions
    of the 24 months immediately preceding your permanent resident visa application. You do not have to provide any extra evidence, other than your passport(s).
    When should I apply for the PRV?

I'm a little bit confused here because it says my travel expires on 01/07/2018 (is it ok if I apply after this date?) -- will my RV expire (i.e. become a former RV holder)?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

You can't apply till 1/7/2018.

If you apply on that date then the calculation of the two 184 day periods will be from 1/7/16 to 30/8/17 and from 1/7/17 to 30/6/18. You must have been in NZ for 184 days in each of those two 12 month periods.

Its only your travel conditions that expire, you remain a resident after 1/7/18. if you are in NZ you can lodge your application at any time, If you are overseas it must be lodged by 30/9/18.

To stress it more, a residence visa allows you to remain in New Zealand for ever, while you are in New Zealand.

Thank you both ChrisMwn and JandM, sorry for the late reply, it appears that my last post was stuck in draft and was not posted properly. Cheers!