Thread: Have I missed the age cutoff at this point??

Default Have I missed the age cutoff at this point??

Hello Everyone,

I have a question that I could not answer from either searching the web or this site. However I'm sure the subject has been discussed before.

We have just returned from a 3 week trip to NZ in April with the kids. We're contemplating emigrating yet again but time for us is getting short. My wife, who would be the lead applicant due to her Masters degree and teaching credentials is 51. No problem there. However, I just turned 55 in April and that's the cutoff. But I'm not sure at which point the cutoff occurs - i.e. EOI application, ITA, Receipt of visa, actually setting foot on soil, etc. The NZIS site just states less than 56 years of age. We are from the US.

Just a little background - I lived in AKL for 2-1/2 years back in the mid-80's, been back several times since for holidays and to visit friends. On this last trip my kids (11 and 15) came along and quite liked the place. So I think I'm familiar with the pros/cons of the place. Maybe not :-)

Our motivation? Education, lifestyle.

Just trying to sort out whether I should a) "Get a move on" or b) Forget about it completely.

Thanks in advance,
    Brad

Age is taken as when the Invitation To Apply is lodged. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

Hello JandM,

Thanks for the response as well as the link to that info. Thats all I needed.

Best Regards,
    Brad