Thread: Talent accredited to PR - with Variations

Default Talent accredited to PR - with Variations

Hi all,

I've been doubting lately on my situation, so I thought this would be the best place to find out if that already happened to someone else and how it was solved.

This is my situation:
    • I'm in a WTR (Accredited employer) visa expiring on October 2018 (in 4 months)
    • I've been working for the same employer for more than 2 years now - checked =)
    • My salary at the moment is 75k and FYI it's not going super well on my current job (internal problems/very unstable, not really being appreciated here).

I've been preparing all the documents to apply for Residency and I keep reading over and over the section of the Residency guide:
    'Note: if you have a base salary of NZ$90,000 or more you may be eligible for a permanent resident visa.'

The reason: lately I've been approached with 3 opportunities of full-time employment (same position) with salaries over 100k.
    2 of them are accredited employers and 1 no. This is still in conversations but it can go really fast if they decide I'm the person they're looking for.
    So, it is getting very tempting to change employment.

If I decide to change, I know I have to apply for a Variations of work visa conditions and INZ to approve it.

My questions are:
    1. Is it more likely to be approved if it's another accredited employer? Could be faster?
    2. If I go with the Not accredited, would that affect my current visa? in terms of I will no longer be eligible to apply for Residency under Talent (even if I've met the 2y with the previous accredited) and of course the possibility to access to PR (the whole resaon for changing)
    3. Assuming the variation is accepted (accredited or not), I will not have time to apply for Residency because it takes around 6 months to asses my application and I will have to apply for an extension of Work visa before October. Is it something painful or risky to go through that extension?

I know I'm adding difficulties (time, money and effort) to my Residency application but I think I have good chances to finally get that dreamed job where I'll be appreciated + that will give me better chances to access a PR because is better paid.
    This might worth the effort

Another option could be, submit my application now with my current employment and if I decide to change employment later, I communicate the change of situation (employer + salary) to INZ. I know this will not change the fact that I have to probably extend my current work visa before October, it's just a matter of the right timing for me to apply for Residency.

What are your thoughts? Any similar experience that went well?

Thanks!
    Last edited by hdzAE; 27th June 2018 at 07:33 PM.