Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Visa Labels will no longer be issued by INZ

Default Visa Labels will no longer be issued by INZ

From 4 July 2018 visa labels will no longer be issued by Immigration New Zealand (INZ). All applicants of approved visas will receive an email with a letter of approval, which is an eVisa.

Visa holders
    The only exception is for students using Provider Direct. INZ will review the use of labels for Provider Direct over the next year.

Visa holders should print a copy of their eVisa letter and keep it with their passport.

Visa holders can authorise other people or organisations to verify their visa details. They include health care providers and travel agents. Use our Visa Verification Service to do this.

Visa Verification Service

Employers and education providers
    Employers and education providers can verify visa details with VisaView.

What a shame. I prefer paper visa label

Do you have the source of this announcement?

Last edited by Spiderman; 28th June 2018 at 03:24 PM.

Is it residency visas as well? Or is it just the temporary visas?

Oh no I really hope they will still provide visa labels for the residence visas. We are lucky to have actual labels in our passports but some of our friends have an eVisa and are quite bumped out carrying that doc with them all the time. The news release doesn't say anything about specifics for residency visas, does anyone happen to know if this is also true for residence visas?

Thanks mate. I somehow prefer the eVisa just because there'll be no need to send in the passports just for sticking in labels and such.

Ironically now I wish my resident application would be delayed further and approved after 4 July.... but I received AIP just now (literally) telling us to send over the passports. Good news though....

Quote Originally Posted by belli View Post
    The news release doesn't say anything about specifics for residency visas, does anyone happen to know if this is also true for residence visas?
    It says "All applicants of approved visas will receive an email with a letter of approval, which is an eVisa".

Quote Originally Posted by Famed View Post
    It says "All applicants of approved visas will receive an email with a letter of approval, which is an eVisa".
    Argh this is frustrating! I don't mind temporary e-visas but when you've lived in the country for 6 years without being able to apply for residency and it's finally underway... For some reason a small thing like sudennly matters :/ Silly, I know!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast