Thread: Residence partnership - more evidence needed. Any ideas?

Default Residence partnership - more evidence needed. Any ideas?

Hi all,

I would appreciate your help with the below. I have sent lots and lots of evidence (I thought) for residence based on partnership. Today I received an e-mail:

"I have completed an initial assessment of your application and require the following information or documents to progress the application:

1. Original or certified copies of partnership evidence covering the period March 2017 to June 2018 for you and your partner:
    Evidence can be in joint names OR individual and must state name AND address on the documents. Evidence can be ownership, insurances (car, life, contents, home, medical, pet etc.), tenancy agreements, utility bills (power, phone or mobile phone, water rates, rates, internet services, sky tv etc.), invoices, loan or hire purchase agreements, doctor/dental registration, tax records, car or pet registration, club memberships (gym, sports clubs etc.), enrolments, bank accounts joint and individual (a selection of statements showing transactions such as wages, utility bills being paid, accommodation costs), loyalty memberships (flybuys, airpoints, AA etc.), other shared expenses etc.
    If it is an online statement or bill please attach the email from the bill provider or supplier which the bill was attached to and/or a screen shot or printout showing access to the online account.
    I have received a copy of an ANZ Term Deposit letter – XXX DATE, NZTA Letter due XXX date and a BT Letter – XXX DATE, Te Wananga o Aotearoa Letter XXX DATE and some Contact bills these are all copies therefore the originals or a certified copy should be sent in.
    PLEASE NOTE: Residence (paper) applications require original or certified copies unless it is clear these are online statements which are also acceptable.
    2. A selection of your partner’s Individual bank statements covering the period March 2017 to June 2018 is required.
    3. I have requested for your previous work visa application to check whether the original police certificates/translations were supplied from Portugal and Poland. If you are holding these originals please advise and forward them to the address below otherwise I will confirm with you at a later date once I have received the previous application. You may be required to provide a new police certificate if the originals cannot be located on the file.
    4. Our records show you are currently outside of NZ; please advise your return date."

My questions:
    1. So, from the tone of this e-mail it seems that much more evidence is needed! It seems that the case Officer only asks for official letters. In the initial application,I have also sent lots of photos together, travel/concert tickets, statements from family and friends, birthday or christmas cards from family - do you think we should send more of these, or is it only about official stuff?
    We don't have any "shared" bank account, bills or tenancy agreements - I moved in to where he was already renting (and a letter signed by the landlord proves this) and pay part of the rent to my partners account (weekly). I thought that, alongside many letters that I sent addressed to the same address, would be enough. The only things that contain both of our names, I think are some flight tickets and Countdown account. (Bte, I also sent lots of receipts from Countdown with "split payments" - you can see we share groceries 50-50). I'm wondering waht other official letters could we sent.
    2. The letters that the case officer mentions - originals were sent; I did not make a copy of letters from banks or bills - we sent the originals. Not sure why they state copies were sent? I guess the only thing I can do is to send these letters again? And attach more.
    3. A selection of bank statements - does it need to show the amount my partner has in bank? Do you think this has to be print out from the bank system AND the screenshot provided? I.e. how to make it certified?
    4. I have previously sent my bank statements - should I sent these again with some sort of print screen?
    5. I am currently visiting my family in my home country (6 weeks visit, yes - I know its long but given I last saw them 2 years ago, i don't think it's unreasonable). Any ideas how to explain this?
    6. While I'm away, we communicate on viber - anyone has any experience with how to extract viber conversations and certify them?
    7. They gave us one week. I am not in NZ and to be honest, I am the one taking care of everything. Of course I will ask my partner for help, but I am a bit worried if he will manage to do everything on his own! Anyone ever asked for extension of the date (I am coming back 1 August, I guess it's too much to ask?)

Many thanks for whatever advice you can give.

It sounds as though you have done the necessary with personal evidence from family and friends, photgraphs, etc.. The CO now needs more to show that officialdom and organizations with no personal connection to you are aware that you are both living at that same address. Notice, this does not say these things have to be in joint names. It asks that there is evidence that the businesses you deal with can place EACH of you at your shared address.

You can tell the CO again that those things referred to as copies were NOT copies, but originals.

About the bank statements, see what the CO told you. "If it is an online statement or bill please attach the email from the bill provider or supplier which the bill was attached to and/or a screen shot or printout showing access to the online account." That email or screen shot is what shows it is genuine. More info about uploading here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...ts-photographs

S/he doesn't mention your bank statements, so it seems those are all right for now.

There is no suggestion that you SHOULDN'T be out of the country. It's not a criticism. S/he just asks when you will be back. Yes, it's fine to say you are visiting your family for the first time in two years.

I don't know about viber - anyone?

Two or three years ago, the NZ government told INZ to set only short deadlines, with the idea that this would speed up processing. In reality, INZ are well aware that nobody can magic up evidence which they have to acquire from other people, maybe from abroad, in no time flat! As long as the applicant replies to the CO before the deadline, stating what they are doing in order to get what has been required, and roughly when they think it will be available, the CO usually allows the necessary time without a problem.

Thanks for your response, JandM! Always good to get a third person's look at this type of letter.

It also seems they didn't realise I submitted much more official evidence than she mentioned. I will point it out these were originals AND there was more than just 3 letters and some energy bills.

Cheers.

Hi mara_visa,

A couple thoughts:

1) Regarding bank statements, be sure it's not a casual print-out from the website. They want something official. I got ANZ to provide an official statement of the balance in my accounts and the account numberse (signed and stamped, I believe it cost $5 or so), and then I printed some stuff out from the website on the same day so the balances and account numbers were the same, and then I could easily show the transfers without worrying about whether they thought the online print-outs were original.

2) JandM also has good advice for this.

3) A summary Google search shows many options for saving Viber conversations, if you have an Android or iPhone: http://www.trutower.com/2013/06/08/e...ory-viber-app/ is one example.

4) In my experience, as long as you respond within a week and keep them informed of your progress in getting the documents, you should be fine. As mentioned, they don't necessarily expect to have everything in one week. In my case, they said an NZQA evaluation was due in one week -- that's not even possible -- NZQA doesn't process things that quickly.

Good luck!
    Gaida