Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality feedback

Default Quality feedback

Hi
    I want to know what is a quality feedback on the process of skilled migrant category? Is that mean 2nd case officer’s comment on that file?

From what I know, it is the 2nd person check. That happens when our case officer is finished assessing our application. It's to be passed to a quality check (maybe a manager?) to make sure that everything was done correctly. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for your reply
    But I asked to contact center, they said my document is still with my case officer. And it’s still in processing.

I agree with fatsomiggi.

I'm afraid it is something that has become clear over the years that, since the INZ are telephone answerers working from the computer, not qualified case officers, it's a bit of a lottery what answer you get. As you will know yourself, when a computer search is done, the information found partly depends on the operator - how well they put the query, how persistent they are in checking multiple possibilities, whether or not they realize what is relevant, for instance - also, when looking at the INZ computer system what parts they access, and which have been updated by officials having done certain procedures (which won't always be done immediately). For all these reasons, people have sometimes phoned the helpline four times in the same day with the same question, and got four different answers.

Thank you JandM
    Information is really helpful.

INZ has no quality feedback, I'm sorry to say.

2PC is not a quality check. 2PC ensures that the PROCESS was followed correctly, not that the correct decisions were made by the case officer (or even that the case officer has the correct information on your file). I have faced repeated stonewalling (when an agent refuses to answer a reasonable question, including in cases where the operating procedure states that the agent is required to answer the question in a certain period of time).

My case was improperly evaluated: there were dozens of errors, including factual errors (not knowing what country I was born in or what country I live in), procedural errors (delays, lying to me about NSC, etc.) and substantive errors (incorrectly assessing my situation and applying the post-27-Aug instructions to my pre-27-Aug lodgment).

In complaining to managers, all managers have stated that the Case Officer makes the decision, that no one checks the decision, and that no one at INZ has the right to edit the decision. (This is, by the way, not correct, but it is what they say.) This way, whatever decision the CO makes cannot be altered except by the legal system of NZ. This is a very expensive process for both the applicant and for the NZ taxpayer, but it is the system INZ have chosen to follow.

Also note that INZ have no deadline for replying to applicants or reaching a decision. Only once a CO has made a decision do any deadlines apply.

Basically, one person makes a decision, often based on incorrect information and with dozens of errors. That is how New Zealand (as a country) wants it (not New Zealanders, however, in my experience). This is part of what led to a Department of Justice inquiry 10 years ago, and very little has been fixed. I'm afraid a system that breaks the law, ignores applicants, and has no internal process to correct errors is the system you have.

Good luck -- I hope you get a good case officer.

@Gaida, I understand how stressful dealing with immigration can be, but being so negative and saying all the bad things in every post here (like what you’ve done) will not help you or anyone else.

Unfortunately from what I’ve experienced, some people who say they’ve been treated unfairly by immigration, don’t actually meet the critieria to be a resident.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwihusky View Post
    @Gaida, I understand how stressful dealing with immigration can be, but being so negative and saying all the bad things in every post here (like what you’ve done) will not help you or anyone else. Unfortunately from what I’ve experienced, some people who say they’ve been treated unfairly by immigration, don’t actually meet the critieria to be a resident.
    I'm sorry to hear you characterize "every post here" as being "negative" and about "all the bad things". Please check my post on this thread (https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54817) which contains nothing that can be construed as "negative" or "bad things". I have posted regularly in hopes of helping other people, usually with very positive and supporting feedback, such as on another recent thread where I encouraged someone not to take an employer's decision personally and to consider systemmic elements.

I understand it is difficult to hear facts like, "INZ has no quality feedback" or "2PC is not a quality check". You may indeed characterize the statements I made above as "negative" and "bad things", but they are true; they are facts. They are also directly related to the forum's title and content asking about quality feedback. Providing immigration advice can only be done by those with a license, so I follow the forum rules and share my experiences. I have been through 5 NZ managers and my CO, so I have extensive experience with how the INZ feedback process works.

While you may see what has happened to me as "negative", even implying that I might not meet the criteria, the issuance of a JSV is 100% considered an outcome where you DO meet the criteria. The fact that my application was evaluated according to the new rules instead of the old rules, and this was shared with me in writing by an NZ manager, is a violation of NZ law. Others on the forum have similarly faced legal violations, and some of them won their cases through the legal system. One of these can be found in another recent thread. There is no doubt that multiple applications have been unfairly evaluated, and if my experience can help others, then I hope to do so, even if it means being attacked on the forum as you have attacked me.

(Please note, this is not a statement that all applications are unfairly evaluated. I don't know the extent of the problem/s.)

@kiwihusky: Your post is incorrect -- it distorts my contribution to the forum, it states that "every post here" is negative, and it describes the experiences I have to share as a "bad thing". I have supported many others on this forum that have shared difficult times, and there are many forum members that have encouraged me during my difficult times as well. My case is relevant to others going through the SMC process, and I very much appreciate that you recognize how stressful it can be. It is my hope that my case will help ensure others do not face the same issues.

@Maya93: If I had my application to do over again, I would have consulted with an LIA when I first suspected there was a quality issue. Once a decision is made, it is virtually impossible to have it changed -- the system is set up like that.

I am grateful to everyone that has shown me support and for being a space where we can encourage each other. I wish everyone good luck, and hope that we all are able to make it through by supporting and caring for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaida View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you characterize "every post here" as being "negative" and about "all the bad things". Please check my post on this thread (https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54817) which contains nothing that can be construed as "negative" or "bad things". I have posted regularly in hopes of helping other people, usually with very positive and supporting feedback, such as on another recent thread where I encouraged someone not to take an employer's decision personally and to consider systemmic elements.

I understand it is difficult to hear facts like, "INZ has no quality feedback" or "2PC is not a quality check". You may indeed characterize the statements I made above as "negative" and "bad things", but they are true; they are facts. They are also directly related to the forum's title and content asking about quality feedback. Providing immigration advice can only be done by those with a license, so I follow the forum rules and share my experiences. I have been through 5 NZ managers and my CO, so I have extensive experience with how the INZ feedback process works.

While you may see what has happened to me as "negative", even implying that I might not meet the criteria, the issuance of a JSV is 100% considered an outcome where you DO meet the criteria. The fact that my application was evaluated according to the new rules instead of the old rules, and this was shared with me in writing by an NZ manager, is a violation of NZ law. Others on the forum have similarly faced legal violations, and some of them won their cases through the legal system. One of these can be found in another recent thread. There is no doubt that multiple applications have been unfairly evaluated, and if my experience can help others, then I hope to do so, even if it means being attacked on the forum as you have attacked me.

(Please note, this is not a statement that all applications are unfairly evaluated. I don't know the extent of the problem/s.)

@kiwihusky: Your post is incorrect -- it distorts my contribution to the forum, it states that "every post here" is negative, and it describes the experiences I have to share as a "bad thing". I have supported many others on this forum that have shared difficult times, and there are many forum members that have encouraged me during my difficult times as well. My case is relevant to others going through the SMC process, and I very much appreciate that you recognize how stressful it can be. It is my hope that my case will help ensure others do not face the same issues.

@Maya93: If I had my application to do over again, I would have consulted with an LIA when I first suspected there was a quality issue. Once a decision is made, it is virtually impossible to have it changed -- the system is set up like that.

I am grateful to everyone that has shown me support and for being a space where we can encourage each other. I wish everyone good luck, and hope that we all are able to make it through by supporting and caring for each other.

There are most definitely two processes available to you.

the first one is to follow INZ's own internal complaints process, if you believe your application has bee subject to administrative errors in processing. That is errors that are not relevant to the decision made.

If you feel that the decision is not correct in terms of INZ policy, and instructions then your route is through an Appeal to the Immigration and Protection Tribunal.

@ChrisMwn: I have 2 choices: 1) Turn down the JSV to go directly to IPT. 2) Accept the JSV and forego the opportunity for IPT intervention. Do you have suggestions for how an applicant should approach that decision?
    Last edited by Gaida; 3rd July 2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: clarity to focus on question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast