Thread: What is acceptable BMI Parents Visa

Default What is acceptable BMI Parents Visa

Hi There

I wonder if any one can help, what is maximum BMI acceptance my Immigration NZ, like 35 or under 40 ??

My Case:--

Applied for mother's residency (Full Medical Submitted) ------------------- Sep2016
    EOI accepted/Case Officer allocated-------------------------------------- Jan 2018

BMI 41.6 so Case officer Asked ------------------------------------------ Jan 2018
    * (Recheck of weight & BMI, waist circumference, BP, HbA1c & ACR given, Kidney test, liver test etc)

Submitted all medical test ------------------------------------------------- 1st week of Feb
    * all reports were normal

After three months CO replied n asked Endocrinologist Report and ECR ----------------------- 2nd Week May

Endocrinologist said all good to go , BMI reduced 39.9 ----------------- 1st Week of June
    Report was normal and Submitted to CO

almost month so I asked CO about Update if any ---------------- 2nd July 2018
    CO replied yes she has, HET has "Differ case" for three months and re-do all reports and submit before 27 Sep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wonder if someone know what BMI immigration wants, we have done all reports in Feb and they are asking everything again without any reason.
    Its just frustrating for us,,affect financially and mentally ,,, Differ case means what, is HET disagree with Endocrinologist report ? ( all reports done in NZ)

I do appreciate if someone can help or know something

BMI is not in itself a determining factor. Its used to screen for the presence of, or risk of other conditions which might then lead to a finding that the person does not have an acceptable standard of health.

Hi Chris
    Thanks for your response...
    I thought so that BMI should not be determining factor.. when BMI was 41.6 they asked numbers of test to determine health risk in future. All report came normal, our GP, Immigration Panel Dr and Endocrinologist said that she has not any health issue.

Nearly four months since we have submitted reports and they are asking to re-do SAME REPORTS, Even though BMI (39.9) is decreasing.
    That's why I am a bit shocked.
    I know that sometime its difficult to deal with immigration,,they are right as per their theory,, I just hope for good.

Thanks for your time.

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26174 That is the story of an extremely strict reaction to a high BMI. The MA would not pronounce ASH until the lady had taken determined action and brought her BMI within the guidelines. They CAN do this - defer further processing until the requirements are met.

Thanks JandM, story is really impressive and encouraging.
    ok, so its bit clear now,,,BMI needs to come down around 35 in two months.