Thread: entrepreneur visa apply points

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default entrepreneur visa apply points

Good day. I want to apply for an NZ entrepreneur visa buying a business.
    First of all, I want to make sure that I can get 120 points when applying for an entrepreneur visa.
    I want to ask -Is it possible, when buying a business (lets say a cafe for $ 400k) to consider $400k as an investment and get 30pts for that?
    Thank you.

Im not sure that buying a cafe would meet the objective of this visa which is " to contribute to economic growth by enabling experienced business people to grow or establish high growth and innovative businesses with export potential in New Zealand."

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Im not sure that buying a cafe would meet the objective of this visa which is " to contribute to economic growth by enabling experienced business people to grow or establish high growth and innovative businesses with export potential in New Zealand."
    Thank you for reply. I think that in this kind visa, export is not the only allowed task. I think I read a few cases where entrepreneurs received this visa by opening a cafe. For example this
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...ency-rejection
    They eventually refused for residense, but as I understood because of the unprofitable cafe, but the point is that it was a cafe and a entrepreneur visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Roninov View Post
    Thank you for reply. I think that in this kind visa, export is not the only allowed task. I think I read a few cases where entrepreneurs received this visa by opening a cafe. For example this
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...ency-rejection
    They eventually refused for residense, but as I understood because of the unprofitable cafe, but the point is that it was a cafe and a entrepreneur visa.
    Rules change as time goes on. INZ are clearly now only approving visas where there is a real benefit to New Zealand and in accordance with the objectives of policy, as stated. Corner dairies and cafes wont cut it any more.

It has been very difficult to get Entrepreneur Work Visa / Residence even for export business.
    However if you are setting up new Cafe or Restaurant from scratch and employ sufficient number of locals. You may still stand a chance.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12018836

Thanks for the link, but I do not understand there is good or not the end of story, let's hope it's good. And it turns out that he received an entrepreneur's visa by buying a working franchise cafe. (if my English does not fail me))

Quote Originally Posted by Roninov View Post
    Thanks for the link, but I do not understand there is good or not the end of story, let's hope it's good. And it turns out that he received an entrepreneur's visa by buying a working franchise cafe. (if my English does not fail me))
    To be honest, I don't think the article is very clear about anything- definitely there doesn't seem to an outcome yet. I also can't see if he has actually got an entrepreneur 's visa, it only says that he 'intends to apply...'.

Good luck with your plans, nonetheless!