Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JSV conversion (to RV) in progress ; Employer Not accredited

Default JSV conversion (to RV) in progress ; Employer Not accredited

Hi All,

Good day. I'm trying to search on this but was not able to get clear info yet. My visa (JSV) is in the process of being converted to RV. My employer submitted the requirements they asked and is currently waiting at this point. While reading the forum, I came across the "accredited employer" thing. I got worried a bit as when I search, I could find my company's name on the list. I didn't know that there is such a thing that we may need to consider.

Do I need to do anything else? Is this a reason to be concerned about?

Thanks and I appreciate any feedback.

This is nothing you need to worry about. An accredited employer is one who has been pre-approved by INZ to sponsor foreign workers for a particular kind of temporary work visa - the Talent (Accredited Employers) Visa. Your situation does not require your employer to be accredited.

^ Thank you, I appreciate the input! Have a great day/evening ahead!

Hi Fatsomiggi, My CO mentioned that I will get only JSV. Could you please share the conditions mentioned in the JSV for me

^It's mainly that the visa is active for 9 months and that we have to secure a job offer (skilled job related to our credentials) so we can convert it to RV.

Yes, and if the applicant doesn't land a skilled job offer in that time, then s/he has to leave NZ.

Also, the whole point of the SMC JSV is for the main applicant to go alone and concentrate all their time and resources on getting a skilled job. As soon as they do that and get their deferred Residence, then their partner and any children who were on the original SMC application get their Residence, too, and can join them.

This may seem harsh, but it was a rule change in response to what had become an even harsher problem. Under the old regulations, when a family was allowed to go with a JSV holder, they would find a home, maybe the partner, on an open visa, would find a job, and the children would settle into school. But if, in nine months, the JSV holder had NOT got a skilled job, they would all be told to leave the country. Of course, it was a heartbreaking thing for this group of people, having to tear up the life they had begun to make for themselves, and even worse if, despite all warnings, they had sold up their home in their original country and now had nothing to go back to. That is why the law is now as it is.

Thanks a lot for the information. Did you apply it from onsite or offshore?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, and if the applicant doesn't land a skilled job offer in that time, then s/he has to leave NZ.

Also, the whole point of the SMC JSV is for the main applicant to go alone and concentrate all their time and resources on getting a skilled job. As soon as they do that and get their deferred Residence, then their partner and any children who were on the original SMC application get their Residence, too, and can join them.

This may seem harsh, but it was a rule change in response to what had become an even harsher problem. Under the old regulations, when a family was allowed to go with a JSV holder, they would find a home, maybe the partner, on an open visa, would find a job, and the children would settle into school. But if, in nine months, the JSV holder had NOT got a skilled job, they would all be told to leave the country. Of course, it was a heartbreaking thing for this group of people, having to tear up the life they had begun to make for themselves, and even worse if, despite all warnings, they had sold up their home in their original country and now had nothing to go back to. That is why the law is now as it is.
    Thanks a lot JandM. My CO was mentioning there is no Differed Resident, SMC JSV is differed, once i meet the criteria I should get the RV directly together with family. Do you have any INZ link for "deferred Residence". Could you please share.

Not 'differed' - deferred, which is maybe why you haven't found it, or the CO didn't understand.

See SM3.20. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsm....htm#66774.htm Go to Residence>Skilled Migrant Category>SM3>SM3.20.

If you're offered the SMC JSV, it means that you have been found to meet the requirements for Residence (for you and your family, mentioned on the same application), AS LONG AS you can get the offer of a skilled job in line with the skill you have proved in your application within the nine months' life of your JSV. Another way of saying this is that your Residence is waiting for you (all the family) - deferred - till you show you have the job offer. When you get the job offer, you send the offer letter and complete contract to INZ in New Zealand (not back to the original CO who dealt with your SMC application), and, once they have checked out the employer and the job, making sure it is skilled, they will issue the residence visas. They will arrange for your family's visas to be dealt with back in your own country, then they will be able to join you.

Thanks a lot JandM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast