Thread: Long Term Skill Shortage Work Visa Qualification/Experience doubts

Post Long Term Skill Shortage Work Visa Qualification/Experience doubts

Hi. I have some questions and doubt about Long Term Skill Shortage Work Visa eligibility criteria. I am working in an accredited IT company as a full-time employee and my job role comes under LTSS List.

When I Search for the right work visa on immigration website, it says that I am eligible for LTSS Work Visa. I have some doubts about the qualification and experience part of the eligibility criteria. I have got 4 years bachelors in IT degree from my home country and have got 4 years of experience in IT (same IT job role as I have now in New Zealand) and have also completed Graduate Diploma in IT (Level 7) from Auckland 1 Year. Now I Know that LTSS Work Visa, one should have qualification (Level 7 or more) and 3 years post study experience.

My question is, in order to fulfil the qualification and experience criteria, do I need to assess my bachelors from home country so that my post study work experience gets counted to full fill the criteria or should I go ahead with graduate Diploma in IT (New Zealand) and get a letter from IT professionals New Zealand and that will suffice

I read somewhere in this forum, someone was in the same boat as me and had work experience from home country but only 6 months post study experience from New Zealand and later was denied LTSS Work Visa and was given Essential Work Visa instead because he did not fulfil the criteria because he only showed Graduate diploma in IT study and Post study work experience.

Kindly share your thoughts.

Thanks

See under Qualifications, here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria
    You must have the qualifications required by the LTSSL to do work the work you’ve been offered in New Zealand.

Long Term Skill Shortage List

You must provide:

original or certified copies of your qualifications
    evidence the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) recognises your qualification.

You must check if your qualification is on the New Zealand Qualifications Agency (NZQA) list of recognised or exempt qualifications. If it’s not on the list, you must provide a report from the NZQA confirming your qualification.
    The section about Work Experience shows the evidence you need from your previous employer(s). You did not mention, is that work experience from AFTER you obtained your IT degree?

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have work experience in IT after obtaining my bachelors from home country. So, I worked for 4 years in IT industry and then came to New Zealand to study graduate diploma in IT(up skill my knowledge) and then on the basis of my previous experience and my IT studies, I got full time job in New Zealand. So technically I will have 6 to 7 months of experience after my IT studies in New Zealand at the time of visa application and 4 years IT experience after my bachelors from home country.

I asked my friend to consult with his lawyer on my behalf and they told him that the chances of getting LTSS work visa is very less because i came to Nz to study and already been given open work visa. LTSS work visa is usually granted to people overseas. This is very concerning to me now. Can you please put some shadow on this one. Thank you

Most of us on the forum are ordinary members of the public. For myself, I know what I do about INZ regulations by following the experience of people who post here, and reading the INZ pages. This doesn't give the wide range of knowledge of INZ actions that it would take to give you a meaningful comment. In your place, I would ask an LIA.

Question: why are you thinking of this particular visa, rather than applying under SMC?

I dont have required salary package to apply for SMC or work to resident talent work visa. So, i think LTSS work visa would be the best . I have work experience in IT after completing my bachelors in IT from home country and then studied Graduate diploma in IT from new zealand. So my question is, can i do assessment of my bachelors to fullfill LTSSL criteria

As you can see at the link, https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria, there is nothing saying this visa is restricted to those applying from overseas. And you can get your bachelor's degree assessed.

Thank you @JandM for clearing my initial doubts. I got my Work to Residence LTSS Work VIsa.

Congratulations.