Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residency status approved!

Default Residency status approved!

Hi everyone!

Its banana time!

It has been a long and gruelling journey that started in August 2016 and has finally come to an end. Here's my timeline:

EOI Submitted - 01/08/2016
    EOI Selected - 03/08/2016
    ITA Received - 16/08/2016
    ITA Lodged - 04/11/2016
    Application transferred to London Branch - 01/04/2017
    CO assigned, extra documents, employer query - 10/05/2017
    PPI letter received - 18/05/2017
    Further evidence and 2nd employer questionnaire sent - within a few days, can't remember the exact date.
    Application declined - September 2017
    Appeal lodged - November 2017

Changed job, moved to Hanmer Springs - March 2018
    Applied for VOC - February 2018 (2 year work visa was due to expire in May)
    Appeal decision positive, application sent for re-assessment (as Head Chef) - March 2018

Applied for Essential skills since residence application was now in progress, 1 year visa granted within 1 week - April 2018

Between the time of application and appeal decision, I got married, my wife was already here and was now eligible for partnership based residence, so the tribunal instructed re-assessment to be conducted with my wife added on to the application (WIN!!).

CO assigned, re-assessment from new employer starts - 26/4/2018
    Wife's application, proof of English proficiency (PTE result), proofs of relationship and living together sent - 27/04/2018
    Employer replied to the questionnaire - 29/5/2018
    No further questions.
    Application sent to 2pc - 29/6/2018
    Status changed to APPROVED for both me and my wife - 10/7/2018

What remains to be seen is whether there will be a condition on the visa to stay with my current employer/region for some time or not. Still awaiting the AIP letter.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for their support, especially Chris.

Congrats!

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Can you explain why you were declined and how you were successful with your appeal? I presume the appeal was through IPT? What were the grounds for the change in decision? Did you hire an LIA?

So happy you posted your good news. Also happy to hear both you and your wife got residency.

CONGRATS!!!

Thank you everyone for the wishes and bananas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaida View Post
    Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Can you explain why you were declined and how you were successful with your appeal? I presume the appeal was through IPT? What were the grounds for the change in decision? Did you hire an LIA?

So happy you posted your good news. Also happy to hear both you and your wife got residency.
    Apologies for the late reply, wasn't back on here for a bit.

The original application was declined since it was not a match to any ANZSCO occupation. The position was Food Technician/Cookery Lecturer and I had claimed points for the occupation of "Chef".

The appeal was successful on the grounds that I had changed my job (to being Head Chef) AFTER the INZ decision and this materially affected my eligibility and provided a path to residence. So the decision was cancelled and the application referred back to INZ with the following instructions (gist):

1. Consider it as a new application BUT the rules will apply from the date of application of the ORIGINAL (November 2016) and not current rules.
    2. My wife was to be added on to the application.

No, I did not have time to have an LIA lodge the appeal so I did it by myself.
    Last edited by tanmay90; 14th July 2018 at 02:16 AM.

Hi guys, although my resident visa status has changed, I am a little concerned about the conditions. I do not know what the conditions will be but I'm worried they might ask me to stay in the same employment.

Relevant dates are as follows -

30th Jan 2018 - received job offer from new employer (Head Chef position, outside Auckland).
    19th March - VOC approved on post study work visa.
    23rd March - Appeal decision successful.
    26th April - CO assigned.
    10th July - Status changed to APPROVED.
    Now awaiting AIP.

Points to note - I did not need the "outside Auckland" (10 points only as per old rules) and application was approved on 10th July, which is more than 3 months since start of employment.

Based on this; can anyone advise if there will be a condition to stay with my current employer? I would like to be able to have the freedom to quit since it is not the greatest place to work at the moment. Also if there is a condition, will I know about it in the AIP letter (thus clearing this up sooner) or will I have to wait for the actual visa to find out (which will increase the waiting game)?

Any help would be appreciated guys.

TIA

Based on "more than three months since the start of the employment," I think it's unlikely you would have the condition to stay with your current employer. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66848.htm Also, if you found you DID have that condition, you would be within your rights to query it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast