Thread: Qualification relevance with Job title

Default Qualification relevance with Job title

Hi All,

I submitted my application in May and got a CO assigned last week. I claimed points for Level 8 It qualification which was completed in NZ & currently work as a Project Coordinator in Civil drainage division.

I used to work as a Contract administrator with Downer for 1.5 years full time & in my current role as well, i perform a certain tasks as i was doing back in Downer as well

CO contacted my employer with questionnaire and was responded back.

CO also contacted my immigration advisor and mentioned as quoted in bold below:

I note that the applicant is claiming to meet the skill level for his claimed ANZSCO occupation of Program or Project Administrator for his role as Project Coordinator , using his qualification of Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology.

We have not received an academic transcript for this qualification so it is difficult to reconcile the relevance of the subject matter of this qualification to his role in an engineering support role in the infrastructure industry.

Please provide comments from the applicant as to the relevance of this qualification to his current employment or provide details and evidence of other engineering related qualifications he may have. Please also provide the academic transcript for his NZ qualification.

During my Level 8 study, i also studied Project management paper & i use MS project to plan the current projects. I also hold a engineering degree from India in Electronics. When my employer responded to the questionnaire, he mentioned that Project management experience(From Downer) along with Engineering qualification makes me suitable for this job( Even though i work in civil drainage division)

Also, my employer is planning to promote me as a Project Engineer in Civil drainage division in near future along with pay raise of minimum 20K.

Quite nervous, as my lawyer will be preparing the response and send through.

Please suggest guys.

You are bound to feel nervous while processing is going on, but you should regard this as a helpful email. The CO is telling you exactly what s/he requires in order to be able to tick off these items about your application.

If there is going to be a lapse of time before you can provide any of the items, your LIA/lawyer should respond to the CO within the time-frame I expect the CO has mentioned, telling her/him what is being done to provide the necessary items. For instance, if you are having to send to your university for the academic transcript, copy to the CO the email or letter you have sent asking for this. This shows the CO that action is being taken to meet the requirements, and you're not just ignoring what has been said.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You are bound to feel nervous while processing is going on, but you should regard this as a helpful email. The CO is telling you exactly what s/he requires in order to be able to tick off these items about your application.

If there is going to be a lapse of time before you can provide any of the items, your LIA/lawyer should respond to the CO within the time-frame I expect the CO has mentioned, telling her/him what is being done to provide the necessary items. For instance, if you are having to send to your university for the academic transcript, copy to the CO the email or letter you have sent asking for this. This shows the CO that action is being taken to meet the requirements, and you're not just ignoring what has been said.
    Hi JANDM, Thanks for your reply. Transcript has been submitted. My only concern is as i claimed points for NZ qualification which is in IT & Skilled job offer which is not related to study i did in NZ. Should it be a concern to INZ as my employer hired be solely on the basis of my 1.5 years project management experience in similar kind of projects?

Your LIA oversaw your application, presumably? S/He can't be licensed to do the job without knowing about things like this.

Dont know, but as you know that this is my second SMC application. SO damn worried.Can you please ask advise form other LIA's in this forum?

Approach them yourself and see if they want to add anything. The LIAs who post here at the moment are ChrisMwn and EGoodhue.

But you're going to make yourself ill if you don't get a grip on your thoughts. Answer whatever the CO asks you. Otherwise, turn your thoughts away from the processing. You're going to be missing out on good things in the real life that is going on around you if you let yourself obsess about INZ. You employed a qualified person to help you - why would you choose this professional if you thought they would let you make basic errors in your application?