Thread: Residency application withdrawal

Default Residency application withdrawal

Hi. I applied for residency through a lawyer in mid June.. I haven’t been assigned a CO. Due to change in circumstances I would like to withdraw my application.. I want to withdraw it myself not through a lawyer. Should I call immigration straight away or it has to be done through a lawyer?? Thanks

Even if someone signs the papers when putting in an application to tell INZ a particular lawyer or LIA is representing them, afterwards, they can write to tell INZ that that person is not acting for them any more. So there is no reason you cannot do that, then act on your own behalf to withdraw the application if that is what you want to do.

1 more question please. As I mentioned I haven’t been assigned a CO for my Residence visa, I want to know whether immigration has udated my police clearance certificate in their system which I provided with my residency application.. I have applied for my partnership visa aswell. I haven’t supplied police clearance certificate with my partnership visa because this visa was applied 1 month later than residency visa.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Even if someone signs the papers when putting in an application to tell INZ a particular lawyer or LIA is representing them, afterwards, they can write to tell INZ that that person is not acting for them any more. So there is no reason you cannot do that, then act on your own behalf to withdraw the application if that is what you want to do.

I don't know. You would have to ask INZ this.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman85 View Post
    Hi. I applied for residency through a lawyer in mid June.. I haven’t been assigned a CO. Due to change in circumstances I would like to withdraw my application.. I want to withdraw it myself not through a lawyer. Should I call immigration straight away or it has to be done through a lawyer?? Thanks
    You might like to check the agreement you have with you "lawyer" It may specify the terms and conditions which apply if you wish to end the engagement, what notice needs to be given and what fees are payable.

Iceman

If you submit a withdraw request but also ask about the status of your police clearance they should be able to respond with both the confirmation of withdraw and the status of your police check.