Thread: Original Document is lost- only scan copy is available..what to do?

Default Original Document is lost- only scan copy is available..what to do?

Hi,

I have lost experience certificate form one of my previous employers. I have only scanned copy of that experience letter.

Now, I cannot get certified copy of that certificate as I dont have original.

Please advise what should I do?? should I submit the copy of document without certification? will INZ accept that?

any other solution?

please advise.

Thanks
    Last edited by ozman750; 15th July 2018 at 08:04 PM.

Approach the former employer and ask them to give you a reissue from their records. Otherwise, you would need to gather the necessary information (start and finish dates, hours worked, salary, description of responsibilities, level of qualification necessary to have that job) from any combination of your financial and tax records, letter from the employer or HR department, and/or letter from a line manager or close colleague who would have been in a position to know those matters, and who will be contactable by INZ during the time of processing of your application.

hi JandM,

I have all other documents, I have my appointment, salary slips and a reference letter from my boss.

I already contacted the company but they are not willing to reissue. So I shall attach certified copy of all above mentioned documents, but I wont have certified copy of the experience certificate.

So in this case, should I submit the copy of experience certificate without certification along with other certified documents of that employment?? or should I not submit that certificate at all?

regards

have you submitted the document to inz before ?
    how did the employer give you the letter ? if its from employer's email i think JP can still certify it

Quote Originally Posted by ozman750 View Post
    Hi,

I have lost experience certificate form one of my previous employers. I have only scanned copy of that experience letter.

Now, I cannot get certified copy of that certificate as I dont have original.

Please advise what should I do?? should I submit the copy of document without certification? will INZ accept that?

any other solution?

please advise.

Thanks

Ysc5,

I have not submitted this document before. I have the scan from my records. Employer gave hard copy and I scanned it once which I found.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ozman750 View Post
    hi JandM,

I have all other documents, I have my appointment, salary slips and a reference letter from my boss.

I already contacted the company but they are not willing to reissue. So I shall attach certified copy of all above mentioned documents, but I wont have certified copy of the experience certificate.

So in this case, should I submit the copy of experience certificate without certification along with other certified documents of that employment?? or should I not submit that certificate at all?

regards
    In your place, I would send the copy, explaining that the original has been mislaid, but that the points they need to know about are also proved by x, y and z (the other evidence which you DO have), making sure that do indeed cover the points I mentioned above, and if not, asking your boss for a further letter to give the extra details.

Thanks!!!!