Thread: Infringement for not displaying REGO

Default Infringement for not displaying REGO

Hi Everyone,
    Last week I received an infringement for “Current license label not affixed in the prescribed manner”.
    I’m on a work visa at the moment and hope to apply for residency during the next 3 months period. Will this infringement become the reason for a refusal of my residency application.?
    Previously, I had received an infringement for speeding between 50kmph-55kmph where the speed limit was 50. That was 20 months ago and I paid the infringement right away without delaying.
    I’m wondering whether these two infringements will create a negative impact on my application and lead to a refusal.
    Please help me to clarify this.
    Thanks

Declare everything mate. I have been declined for not declaring careless driving conviction

Quote Originally Posted by rk123 View Post
    Declare everything mate. I have been declined for not declaring careless driving conviction
    What was your conviction bro..? Does the infringement and conviction has the same status.?

No, infringements are NOT the problem that convictions are.

About Character requirements for Residence, see A5.15 and A5.25 here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#35052.htm

If someone has repeated infringements, this can raise a question mark with INZ, so be careful - as you've been finding out, the NZ police take traffic law enforcement very seriously.

On the application form, when it asks about convictions, you can answer that you don't have any, and/but for the sake of openness, it's best to add 'Paid infringements only,' and give details.

Thanks JandM for the clarification. Seems like I’m in the safe side.
    Thanks.

I wonder if driving between 50 to 55 is an infringement. Infringement starts when you exceed the speedlimit by 5kmph.

Infringement starts when you exceed the speed limit by 5 kph.
    That's not borne out by this link. http://www.police.govt.nz/advice/dri...e-speed-limits Do you have another source?

I guess as the officer issued an infringement notice and the OP paid it without challenge, it stands as an infringement, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by rk123 View Post
    Careless Driving is a traffic offence Infringements, ( parking fines and exceeding speed limits) are not.