Thread: SMC Declaring Partner but not included in the Application

Default SMC Declaring Partner but not included in the Application

When i submitted my EOI, there is a question there that asks your current Partnership status, with a note that you need to declare your partner even if she is not included in the application. So i declared that i'm on a partnership status but stated that i will not include my partner in my application. However, in the EOI application page, it asked me a lot of details about my Partner including Birth Certificate details, passport details, travel history.

My question is, do i also need to provide my partner's documents when i submit them even if they are not officially included in my application? e.g. Certified True Copy of Partner's Birth Certificate and Passport.

My ITA letter is not very explicit on the requirements for my partner as it just states: "An original or certified true copy for each person included in the application...", or "Each applicant needs to...". But though to my self, that since my partner is not included in the application, i do not need to submit them but i'm not really sure.

Any of you guys have the same experience?

Thanks!

You don't need to submit documents for anyone NOT included in your application, such as your partner.

Quote Originally Posted by jett View Post
    When i submitted my EOI, there is a question there that asks your current Partnership status, with a note that you need to declare your partner even if she is not included in the application. So i declared that i'm on a partnership status but stated that i will not include my partner in my application. However, in the EOI application page, it asked me a lot of details about my Partner including Birth Certificate details, passport details, travel history.

My question is, do i also need to provide my partner's documents when i submit them even if they are not officially included in my application? e.g. Certified True Copy of Partner's Birth Certificate and Passport.

My ITA letter is not very explicit on the requirements for my partner as it just states: "An original or certified true copy for each person included in the application...", or "Each applicant needs to...". But though to my self, that since my partner is not included in the application, i do not need to submit them but i'm not really sure.

Any of you guys have the same experience?

Thanks!
    No, but if your partner applies in the future, she will be subject to the same requirements that she would have had to meet if included in the SMC application, including english language.

You would have to include your partner if she is dependent on you to be in New Zealand at the time of lodging the application R2.40d

Hi Jett,

Was there any issues with you not providing the police certificates as you had declared but not included your partner.

I am currently in the same situation.

Thanks