Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been a long while! From NZ

Default Been a long while! From NZ

Hi everyone! Been a long while from this forum. Have been here for 1.5 years. Everything is good so far..

Hope everyone has achieved what u plan to do so far!

Cheers

Hello again - glad everything is going well for you.

Hi i have been here for just over 1000 days. resident for 4 mths. my next big plan is to be financial independent. NZ solid work life balance allows me to have time to learn and work out my plan.

It's nice to hear from a few after settling in! I bet you have some stories to tell...

Been here pretty much exactly 4 years after moving to Auckland with 2 kids aged 2 and 4. We've been lucky in terms of finding good jobs, settling into school and making some good kiwi friends. Cost of living means we probably live a bit more conservatively than if we were still in the UK - both cars are 10 years old lol. Love the slightly slower pace of life even in Auckland. Love the outdoors, love the rugby, love the weather - yup, even the winter. Haven't been home yet and no real plans to do so.

Certainly took us a good 18 months to feel fairly settled and having kids definitely made it so much easier to meet similar aged people.

Will we stay for ever? Who knows. I guess see what the kids do when they grow up but for the foreseeable future we should be pretty okay.

Thanks for the update, and all good wishes.

We have been here 7 yrs at end of August. Arrived with 4 and 6 yr old. Now 11 and 13, about to start High and 2nd yr of middle. Loving NZ! We have rented 2 houses, bought 1, built 1 on a lifestyle block, had cows, put down our old chocolate lab whom came with us, bought 2 labs, sold one, moved to a larger house back in town nr schools and both just accpeted new job! MIL moved over(been a journey..lol) and I have been home twice, 1 with kids. I have learnt life is interesting, NZ is pretty awesome compared to the rest of the world, and a lot safer. Have made lots of new friends, not kept in contact with some inital friends as life changes we grow apart. LOve NZ...not utopia but pretty happy still

Thank you for this - it means a lot to people just starting out on the process.

Congratulations on all you've done in these seven years, and thank you for sticking around ENZ, too.

Hi, it's been ages since I haunted these forums. Well 12 years is ages I suppose! Came out April 1st 2007 and most of the family doing well and settled, either married or with partners. I believe the move has been good, especially for the next generation who lead lifestyles unlikely to be matched in the UK. I think I could have been equally happy in both countries, but then again my trips back to the UK reveal a country changed from my memories. The UK I remember doesn't exist any more, so I'll never return to live, blood is thicker than water like they say. I remember being told that the generation moving out rarely settle 100%, my advice would be be prepared for that.

Hello again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast