Thread: Skilled Migrant EOI and IQA

Default Skilled Migrant EOI and IQA

Hey all,

Quick question (hopefully), I finally got around to applying for my IQA (for my Master's and Bachelor's degrees) over the weekend, and got my email confirmation today with a case number. It mentioned in the email that this email can be used as proof of application for the residency application. I know this used to be the case, but from the INZ SMC site: "If you need an NZQA assessment, you’ll need to include a PAR or IQA reference number with your Expression of Interest. (EOI)" I'm guessing this reference number is from the email case number I received, but my understanding had been that I'd need the IQA completed before I can start (looking like that might not be the case?). The question is, am I better off waiting until the IQA is done to submit my EOI, or should I go ahead and start the process?

Quick update on this, I've found other posts that line up with what I see on the application for EOI - that it's not worth submitting the EOI without the full IQA to back up the points. I'll hold off until the IQA comes through.

You HAVE to have a completed PAR or IQA in order to submit the EOI, and PAR isn't worth bothering with, as you'll have to have IQA for the actual application in any case.