Thread: Resident's Information

Default Resident's Information

Dear All
    I'm planning to apply Resident but i have some confusing. I hope everybody can help me
    - I'm Senior Programmer with 2 experience years in my country (one in biggest petrol company ) and now I'm living and working outside Auckland with Senior Web Developer and Business Analyst.
    - My NZQA is lvl 7 (Computer Science)
    - My Diploma Graduated in New Zealand LVL 7 too. (IT support and network)

I'm working in a software company but it is small company and owner is a Asian person. with 3 full time in New Zealand (but now 1 technician has leave), 3 part time contractor and 4 full time technicians from boss's country.
    Therefore:
    - Can i apply to Resident ?(i worry about the small company)
    - How about the size of company ?
    - Owner is Asian guy will be OK ? (my friend told that Owner should be Kiwi)

Thank all

The size of the company does not matter. It is the skilled responsibility of the job that counts, that the company is sound financially, and run in a lawful way.

As long as the owner has the right to run a business in NZ - could be a resident, or open visa holder, or PR - it does not matter where he is originally from.

When I am next online on my computer, I will add a link to the INZ requirements so you can see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The size of the company does not matter. It is the skilled responsibility of the job that counts, that the company is sound financially, and run in a lawful way.

As long as the owner has the right to run a business in NZ - could be a resident, or open visa holder, or PR - it does not matter where he is originally from.

When I am next online on my computer, I will add a link to the INZ requirements so you can see for yourself.
    Thank Admin again.

These are the outlines of matters on which you have to provide evidence. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

And here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#66785.htm are the detailed regulations. SM6.35 is about what the nature of the employing company needs to be.