Thread: Second Person Check AUckland City Branch

Default Second Person Check AUckland City Branch

Hi All,

My application is in queue for Second person check since 31st July 2018.

Can you all please share your timeline for second person check at Auckland City branch?

Quote Originally Posted by rk123 View Post
    Hi All,

My application is in queue for Second person check since 31st July 2018.

Can you all please share your timeline for second person check at Auckland City branch?
    There are no longer any staff at Auckland Central Branch. All staff apart from a few counter staff are at Manukau. The public counter at Queens Street will close in a few weeks. INZ have reorgansied their business processes and teams and redistributed work inflows around their NZ network.

Hello,

Is that the same as assessing ? I called immigration today to get an update and they told me that on the 27th of July, the notes say assessing. Would love to hear some feedback as well.

The following is my timeline:

My application was received on April 20th, 2018.

Charged my credit card on May 10th.

Received my application and client number through email on May 18th.

Case Officer assigned on May 28th

Assessing July 27th

Thank you =)

Assessing is what the CO does to all the evidence in the case, verifying that everything is true, and meets the requirements for each point on the checklist.

After the CO has done all that, which can take several months, because a lot of time, they have to wait for replies from third parties (e.g., your university, to say you really did attend that course, etc.), s/he decides on what outcome to recommend on the case. Then it gets passed to another official for second person checking (2pc).

The 2pc official looks over everything the CO has done on the case, checking for any errors or omissions, checking that correct procedure has been followed, and making sure there is no chance for corruption. When the 2pc official is satisfied, the case is passed back to the CO to get clerks to notify the applicant of the result.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Assessing is what the CO does to all the evidence in the case, verifying that everything is true, and meets the requirements for each point on the checklist.

After the CO has done all that, which can take several months, because a lot of time, they have to wait for replies from third parties (e.g., your university, to say you really did attend that course, etc.), s/he decides on what outcome to recommend on the case. Then it gets passed to another official for second person checking (2pc).

The 2pc official looks over everything the CO has done on the case, checking for any errors or omissions, checking that correct procedure has been followed, and making sure there is no chance for corruption. When the 2pc official is satisfied, the case is passed back to the CO to get clerks to notify the applicant of the result.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am going for a partnership resident visa. We bought a house together and have bank and utilities in both of our names. We have been living together in New Zealand since December 2016 and have lots of pictures, messages, texts and emails that we included in the application. So, hopefully it will be and easy to verify and it won't take to much longer =)