Thread: English for resident/work visa under partnership and a couple of some questions

Default English for resident/work visa under partnership and a couple of some questions

Hello, my partner has been granted a visa. A visitors visa. First week of july when she got here in NZ. We are trying our best to meet the living together requirements.

1. On the site here it doesn't say anything about english requirements. I am a bit concerned tho. Has there been any cases where a couple applying for a work visa under partnership has to meet minimum English standard? The only visas that needed those are on this pdf

2. About the joint rental. I am sharing rent with my family but I am paying my share like rent to my father. Any other way to make up for this? Should we rent on our own? I mean by sharing rent with my family, I do save a lot of money weekly. We can however request a letter from the landlord stating that my partner is living with us. Would that weigh the same as joint rental?

3. About "mail addressed to you together at the same place and time"; we apply for insurance but we receive separate letter with individual name but with same address. Is this applicable?

4. About "evidence you make decisions and plans together"; how can I prove this? We do have a bucket list of things to do. A notebook of todo's. Is this what they meant? We also gather receipts of the things we buy on grocery store.

5. How much is the impact of civil marriage? I want to gather as much proofs as possible. We plan to get married on church but we want our whole family to be present. At the moment that is not possible.

6. On the guide and even on operation manual, it didn't state that the partner need to have a lot of money on his/her account. Are there some cases that this would be a problem on applying? I am supporting my partner financially tho.

Proofs we have

1. Joint bank account - We have a freedom and serious savings account. Every week I gave all my pay to our freedom and then move some on our savings. Since she still can't work because of her visa, I am the only one contributing
    2. Electricity bill and phone bill - I change the name of our bill to me and my partner
    3. Supporting letter from friends and family - This is from our initial application which she save.
    4. Viber conversation
    5. Grocery receipts using our joint freedom account
    6. Photos together
    7. Life insurance - although this is an individual life insurance but the fee are deducted on our joint freedom account
    8. Joint Car insurance

in 4 months we will apply for work visa under partnership. Base on reading some of the topics here. Some are declined with the same amount of proofs as we have. What else can we add?

Thanks.
    Last edited by skadsuh; 3rd August 2018 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Making it clear

1. On the site here it doesn't say anything about english requirements. I am a bit concerned tho. Has there been any cases where a couple applying for a work visa under partnership has to meet minimum English standard? The only visas that needed those are on this pdf
    No, there is no English requirement for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa.
    2. About the joint rental. I am sharing rent with my family but I am paying my share like rent to my father. Any other way to make up for this? Should we rent on our own? I mean by sharing rent with my family, I do save a lot of money weekly. We can however request a letter from the landlord stating that my partner is living with us. Would that weigh the same as joint rental?
    Some people have got a visa while lodging with a family-member. A letter from your father isn't quite as solid evidence as if it was from some landlord who was a stranger, where your renting was just a commercial transaction, though. It is important that your father makes clear that you share private space as a couple - shared sleeping quarters, particularly - so INZ know that your partner is not just a separate lodger in his house.
    3. About "mail addressed to you together at the same place and time"; we apply for insurance but we receive separate letter with individual name but with same address. Is this applicable?
    Yes, that is fine. It is showing that an official organization is aware that each of you is living at that same address. Get as many more such letters as you can. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...375#post574375
    4. About "evidence you make decisions and plans together"; how can I prove this? We do have a bucket list of things to do. A notebook of todo's. Is this what they meant? We also gather receipts of the things we buy on grocery store.
    The plans are good. What will be better is to DO some things together, and show the tickets, photos that you are both there, etc.. Also, research some serious plans, not just leisure ones, for instance, checking out what housing you might want in the future, checking out possible savings plans to enable you to get to that point. (Even if it's not possible yet, you can ask institutions to write to you - both, or as individuals - about what is available.)
    5. How much is the impact of civil marriage? I want to gather as much proofs as possible. We plan to get married on church but we want our whole family to be present. At the moment that is not possible.
    Marriage is not necessary to be considered partners.
    6. On the guide and even on operation manual, it didn't state that the partner need to have a lot of money on his/her account. Are there some cases that this would be a problem on applying? I am supporting my partner financially tho.
    No, that is not necessary.

See old threads with discussion and examples. https://www.google.com/search?source....0.mhRqx2dFWUA

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, there is no English requirement for the partner-sponsored temporary work visa.
    Some people have got a visa while lodging with a family-member. A letter from your father isn't quite as solid evidence as if it was from some landlord who was a stranger, where your renting was just a commercial transaction, though. It is important that your father makes clear that you share private space as a couple - shared sleeping quarters, particularly - so INZ know that your partner is not just a separate lodger in his house.
    Yes, that is fine. It is showing that an official organization is aware that each of you is living at that same address. Get as many more such letters as you can. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...375#post574375
    The plans are good. What will be better is to DO some things together, and show the tickets, photos that you are both there, etc.. Also, research some serious plans, not just leisure ones, for instance, checking out what housing you might want in the future, checking out possible savings plans to enable you to get to that point. (Even if it's not possible yet, you can ask institutions to write to you - both, or as individuals - about what is available.)
    Marriage is not necessary to be considered partners.
    No, that is not necessary.
    Hello JandM,

Thanks for replying.

Quick question. About the Public recognition. All of my friends are on our origin country. Here in NZ tho, I don't have much friends here. Would the "letters from friends and family" from previous application be okay to use as a proof for applying the work visa under partnership? I reckon INZ needed a latest one but I can't think of anyone who can give us a letter of recognition that me and my partner are together. We are not outgoing person and are both introverted so we'd rather spend our time together going some place cool and relaxing. If public recognition is really need I could ask my family to make a letter and that's probably it. Would that be enough? Can we still use the previous proof and evidence we have prior to applying visitors visa?
    From what I understand we failed to get work visa under partnership because we cant provide enough evidence for living together. Does that mean that we only need to prove the living together now before applying for work visa here? Sorry too many questions.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by skadsuh; 4th August 2018 at 01:25 AM.

You're saying "only living together" as the point to prove, as if it was a small point and hardly mattered. Please notice, living together is the whole point for getting a partnership visa. This is the really important and vital situation that every couple is required to supply evidence for. See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...rtnershipunder Partnership requirements, and then the following sections for more detail of what you have to show, and how you can prove it.

Look at that link I provided in my last post for more examples, and how other people went about this.

The "public recognition" does NOT mean family and friends. That is referring to official organizations that are nothing to do with you on a personal level, but are aware that you are a couple who live together. Getting mail sent to both and each of you at the same address is one way to work towards proving that - see that link in my last post. Another way to do this is to get any clubs or facilities that you join to print off the page of their records that shows your contact details - this could be interest groups, or the library, for instance. Your employer and your doctor should have the other partner listed as your next-of-kin to be contacted in case of emergency, with your same address.

It sounds as though you are underestimating the amount of evidence that INZ need. One way of looking at it is to think that you need something to show that you are both together, living at the same place, shopping together, doing activities together, for every passing WEEK, when you only have a short time-scale. (When you are applying for partner-sponsored residence after 12 months, somewhat less can be enough, but probably something for every month. While mentioning a future application, remember you will need to keep collecting evidence all the while your present application is being processed, keep copies of everything you send in this time because you will need them again, and then keep collecting all the time till you have 12 months' evidence and can apply for residence.) It's never, for anyone, a matter of STATING that they are a couple, with a minimum of proof. INZ officials are not allowed to believe what people SAY, without showing proof. This is because, since partner visas don't require proof of qualifications, they are the ones that are the most used by crooks wanting to get someone to lie about a relationship to get them a visa, therefore, INZ have to check super-carefully - 'Don't just tell us, show us.' YOU know that you are honest and genuinely in a live-in partnership, but INZ don't know you at all, and have to treat you like they treat everyone - as if this could be a fraud.

But take the assembly of your evidence very seriously, and you can get through all right.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You're saying "only living together" as the point to prove, as if it was a small point and hardly mattered. Please notice, living together is the whole point for getting a partnership visa. This is the really important and vital situation that every couple is required to supply evidence for. See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...rtnershipunder Partnership requirements, and then the following sections for more detail of what you have to show, and how you can prove it.
    Hi JandM,

I apologize. I did not choose my word carefully. I didn't mean to sound like I am underestimating the partnership requirements. Thanks for clarifying the "public recognition" and for giving an examples. I know now what to focus on in terms of public recognition.

Thanks a lot.