Thread: High heamoglobin level (work visa)

Lightbulb High heamoglobin level (work visa)

Took 2 blood tests 2 weeks apart, and my hemoglobin is still out of the normal range (156 1st result, 161 2nd result, normal is 115-155). Hct at 49 too. My WBC was normalised on the 2nd test. The clinic that took my medicals has advised a GP's note to submit to INZ along with my test results (which I did). At this point in time a haematology visit is not recommended yet.

I called INZ hotline and according to them, the first step is for it to go to HAT before deciding if they wanna proceed with a medical assessor.

I'm pulling my hair out as i need to start as soon as i can but it's holding me back. Ive searched high and low for similar cases like mine on this forum, and couldnt find any. Anyone? Tis making me anxious
    Last edited by charcharbinks; 9th August 2018 at 07:43 PM.

There isn't any way to get round INZ's procedure. Medicals are computer-checked, and any with an abnormal mark from the examining doctor, or any reading outside the normal range, get automatically referred to HAT, then, if they see that whatever it is needs some investigation (e.g. it's not just that the computer has flagged something that is some minute amount beyond the normal parameters that a human can discount), on to the Medical Assessors. Sending a GP's letter to catch up with your medical, if your doctor is aware of, can explain, and can give a prognosis for the condition that is causing the abnormal reading, it MAY help - if it doesn't stop the case at the HAT stage, then at least, after it has waited its turn for attention for an MA, then when s/he looks at the file, the letter may answer immediately what s/he would have required.

@JandM thanks! i finally got my visa after 11 working days from date of application!

Oh, that's good news. Congratulations.