Thread: Moving with family.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Moving with family.

We are a family of 3 while my son is only 10 months old now. I've submitted all the necessary documents for a work visa and waiting for approval now. Did anyone have any experience moving with an infant?

I'm not sure if I go over myself and have them come over a few months later or move altogether. Any input would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time moving permanently. I'll be leaving all our furniture behind and only bring our personal belongings and clothes along.

Cheers!

You need not wait to apply for visas for your partner and son - you can submit them, linking them to your visa with a covering letter, then INZ will work it as one case, supplying information that you will not know to begin with, such as your visa number, as it becomes available.

Thanks for the input JandM, I did submit all the documents for my OH and son last month along with mine. Initially the plan was that I will go over and 3 months later they will make the move, but after further consideration my OH may want to experience the entire process. They might go over maybe a few weeks later after I've found a suitable accommodation.