Thread: Going to Australia on a business visa while waiting for a ESWV to be approved

Default Going to Australia on a business visa while waiting for a ESWV to be approved

Hi there everyone,

My wife who is on holidays here with me and she got a job offer for a job in Auckland. The management offices are in Australia.

She has been invited to meet all the managers in Australia, but she is still waiting for her NZ working visa to be approved.

She already got her business visa for Australia.

She has a a multiple visitor visa to stay in NZ.

She is going away for 3 days, will she get a renewal of her NZ visa for 3 month when she comes back?

Thank you

Do you mean, will her visitor's visa reset to zero, as if she hadn't already been staying in NZ before?

Is she from a visa waiver country?

She is from south Africa.

And yes, What is the time period one must wait before being able to return to NZ and have the visitor visa reset to zero? On the visa conditions, it's written that she will get 3 months after every arrivals, period. Although, I suppose it will not happen if she is still in those 3 months? She arrived end of June.

See here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/know...-question-3816

However, in her place, I would check the position with INZ, since she has the work visa application pending, just to make sure she won't have any difficulties with re-entry.

Thank you JandM!