Thread: Partner of NZ Citizen/Resident Work Visa (Onshore)

Smile Partner of NZ Citizen/Resident Work Visa (Onshore)

Hi There

My partner is currently in NZ on a 9 months visitor visa.She has been granted visa under partnership category.She has been living with me from last one month now.Could anyone tell after how long she can apply for her Work visa under the same category.Immigration Website shows below but doesn't have any time limit after living how much time one can apply -

Granted 1 year work visa - if living with your partner less than 12 months
    Granted 2 years work visa - if living with your partner more than 12 months

Thanks In advance

This isn't spelt out anywhere, but we know from experience that INZ take applications seriously which come with two to three months' good evidence. See old threads for discussions and examples of proof of partnership. https://www.google.com/search?biw=15....0.eqFyA-oYS_E

Your can apply work visa partnership based for your partner as soon as you guys have been living together in NZ for at least three months. However, the INZ will ask you some evidences, you can provide such as joint bank account, joint phone/internet account, joint electricity/gas/water account, etc.

Hi ,

Just a question , we have our ITA and check the partnership document and it seems they need least 3 of the following -
    □ Joint tenancy agreements
    □ Joint ownership of a residential property
    □ Joint mortgage/loan documents
    □ Joint insurance policies
    □ Joint assets/liabilities
    □ bank statements, utility bills

We are living together for almost 10 years back in our Home country , and we just arrive in NZ this year march via student pathway (my parner studied and i got work visa), and from the document above , we only have the joint bank statement and joint tenancy agreement , would that be enough .. We dont have joint insurance policy , and our car is currently under my name ... Is 2 of the documents enough ... We have other documents anyway like Photos , Letters of support from family or friends , Travel itineraries or tickets for trips ... Thanks