Thread: EOI - Skilled work evidence

Default EOI - Skilled work evidence

Hi guys,

I've been in NZ now for nearly 9 months on an essential skills visa (3 years), so have started looking to residency for the next step.
    My question is regarding evidence for skilled work experience , as it states you need documents and dates the work was completed. Would approximate dates and references be enough?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

No. To get points for skilled work experience, INZ need to have this information from a third party who is in a position to know: start and end dates, exact description of responsibilities, level of qualification/experience needed to get the job, hours per week regularly worked, and salary level. Some of these things can come from your tax/financial records, and perhaps the original job advertisement and contract, but there will need to be a contact with the company (e.g. employer, HR) who will be contactable during processing who will write you a reference with the other points. If the company has since gone out of business, or has changed hands so you doubt you will still be in their records, this contact can be a line manager or former colleague who worked closely with you, who can state that they were in a position to know those details about your skilled job.

Hi Jandm,
    Thanks for the reply, I sort of knew that would be the answer.
    My previous company have indeed gone into receivership, so i don't think SMC is going to be an option for a while 🙁

Thanks.

The receivership doesn't have to be a bar, as long as you can get into contact with someone who knew you at the company, who will write you the necessary and confirm it to INZ. This happens to MANY people, and they still get their points.

Hi Jandm,

That's encouraging news! Pretty sure I can get my old managers to vouch for me.In addition I think I could get my previous p60's as financial evidence
    Thanks for the feedback.