Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parents category visitor visa 3 years

Default Parents category visitor visa 3 years

Hi folks
    Hi dear JandM and Chris, hope you are doing well, Dear I am confused regarding requirements of health standard for visitor visa.
    I applied my parents visitor visa in special category for 3 years, we submitted full medical and X-rays with the application but INZ Officer says medical accessor requested additional tests/medicals for my mother, why they asking for additional Medicals, they applied visitor visa not a resident visa.
    Please help me thanks

The parent/grandparent visitor visa usually requires an Acceptable State of Health of the kind required for residence. It's not stated, but we assume this is because, very often, people get this visa with the intention of later applying to have their adult child sponsor them for residence. So, if something has shown up as outside the norms on your mother's medical, the Medical Assessor will follow it up until s/he can clear it as not being likely to require expensive care or medication.

Thanks you JandM, that’s why we provided additional medicals, but after emailing medicals co responded as below-

“The medical reports are forwarded for considering under a 6 (six) months visa.

We would get to know the outcome in next 2 to 3 weeks time.
    Why co said that ?

Am not sure,
    But I asked him earlier that my parents are not staying more than six months per year then are these additional medicals required for that. He replied thanks and noted.

What’s does it mean now ?

Please am not sure why co was saying as above. But I wrote co back 2 days ago that please consider it as parents and grandparents visitor visa for 3 years. But haven’t received co respond till today. Am not sure what’s going on.

I think your latest emails to the CO will have made things as clear as possible.

I can't say why the CO said what s/he did - nobody could unless they were standing in the INZ office and asked the question.

It's possible that the CO said 'six months visa', knowing that the parent/grandparent visa allows visits of six months at a time.

All you can do now is wait for the CO's next reply. S/He will be dealing with around 100 cases in rotation with yours, so may not respond to your latest email until your file works its way round for its next turn for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think your latest emails to the CO will have made things as clear as possible.

I can't say why the CO said what s/he did - nobody could unless they were standing in the INZ office and asked the question.

It's possible that the CO said 'six months visa', knowing that the parent/grandparent visa allows visits of six months at a time.

All you can do now is wait for the CO's next reply. S/He will be dealing with around 100 cases in rotation with yours, so may not respond to your latest email until your file works its way round for its next turn for attention.
    Yea thanks for reply, I think I have to wait for co’s response.

Finally Approved 😊

thanks JandM

That IS good news.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    That IS good news.
    yea, thanks dear

Hi JandM INZ issued e-visa, can my parents apply for labels on their passport?

See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-online/evisas about requesting a visa label.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast