Thread: Resident visa condition.

Default Resident visa condition.

Hi guys,

In my resident visa condition, there is nothing said about staying in my job for 12 months.

In the policy, it says:
    If you were awarded points for your current skilled employment outside of Auckland, and you’ve been working in that job for less than 3 months, you must:
    -stay in the job for at least 12 months
    -continue to be paid at or above the level of remuneration for which skilled employment points were awarded to you, for at least 12 months.

June 2017 - Received job offer outside auckland
    18 July 2017 - EOI
    04 Aug 2017 - Received ITA
    14 Aug 2017 - First day of work.

10 Nov 2017 - Lodged Resident Visa after working for 2 mths 26 days
    14 Nov 2017 - My 3rd month working.

14 Dec 2017 - CO assigned.
    28 Apr 2018 - Resident Approved.

Therefore I lodged my resident visa before 3 months. Does this rule applies to me at all? Can I do internal transfer to another department in my company?
    Last edited by yanyanyan881; 27th August 2018 at 08:12 PM.

Yes,you can transfer to another department of your company and you can also change job or location if you want because when your visa was approved you already worked for more than 3 months in that job.
    Immigration starts to count the time from when you started your skilled employment,if you work for more than 3 months before your visa is approved you won't have any condition in your resident visa.

I would differ from that, Marco83, in that INZ can put a Section 49(1) condition on a residence visa if the applicant has not been working at least three months with their NZ employer at the time their ITA is logged into the system.

However, INZ didn't give you any conditions on your visa despite those missing few days, so you're free to do whatever you want (that is legal).

thanks both.

I just want to make sure 100%. I have gone through a lot to get this visa in the past.

IF the condition DOES apply to me, it will show up in blue circle?

5555.jpg

Correct. This visa has no Section 49(1) conditions on it.

My CO even contacted my employer few days after 3 months were completed and asked if i still work with them as per the original contract. My employer responded and i was given residence visa with no Section 49 condition.