Thread: Visit Visa Bona fide Requirement

Default Visit Visa Bona fide Requirement

Hello

So my brother wishes to visit for Christmas as a visitor sponsored by me and this would possibly his second time to visit (was also sponsored). He has prepurchased return tickets (returning home in January) and insurance. He genuinely just wants to visit as my parents are also coming to visit me for Christmas and he does not want to be left behind (we have not spent Christmas together in the last 2 years). The thing is he is also intending to get a nursing registration in NZ so he is reviewing OET and the result is on November. Afterwhich he will apply for the registration which could possibly take months as it is the Christmas season anyway. He has ended employment contract recently to prepare for the registration. The reason he has to come back is he still has to process documents in the home country to complete the registration. We try to get as much bona fide evidences as we can as our intention is genuine and we do not want to blow his future applications. But I'm not sure if immigration would see otherwise. Would be helpful if there is any advice. Thank you so much.

Wondering if a Limited Visa could work as well?

Has he applied for any visa yet, connected with the nursing registration?

Hi JandM, no not yet, no application has been submitted yet. His nursing application can only start after November once he gets the OET result. We just anticipated it might get busy over the summer/Christmas season so the nursing registration may take some time so while waiting we are wondering if he's able to visit over the Christmas season?

Thank you

If he hasn't applied for any work visa before he applies for the visitor's visa, he won't show up in the INZ system as anything other than a previous visitor.

The times people have trouble visiting are when they already have an application being processed for a work visa or residence, and in the meantime they try to come as a visitor. It looks as though they could be trying to jump the queue and get to New Zealand before their case has been decided, and once there, they might disappear into the background.