Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Zealand Life -

I can very well answer to your question... it is overwhelming .... Let me prepare and get back to you.

During your interview, the CO asked you this: Why have you chosen NZ? What are your reasons for moving to NZ?

Think of your answer bro.

Thank You Hagabel, Yessica & Farfaraway for your replies

Hi hwru Farfaraway...I accept with ur opinion about interview question but please understand that I and you came to know about NZ only after visiting

Moreover, majority of immigrants chose NZ for better pay or prospectus but I chose NZ only due to my great love and respect for that tiny beautiful nation.

Its my dream since my childhood days and I really like to lead life in NZ with same love and respect.

For that reason I am asking the above questions to get my self prepared for the life in NZ...

Still I request your positive views or suggestions in this regard

Thanku

"Moreover, majority of immigrants chose NZ for better pay" => This is absolutely wrong. The pay in NZ is not as high as u get in other western countries. In NZ u have to pay huge taxes. If you get higher pay, then u end up paying high taxes.

It is the high living standards , quality of life, less crime and less crowed , less polluted, lush green open scenic land, fresh air, friendly people and , kids friendly nation, and a safe place to live .. these are the things that attract everyone to NZ and it is NOT money.

Not everyone makes a recce trip to NZ to understand NZ life before they applies for a resident visa.

1. Social life => It is up to you to where to settle in NZ... Having lived in India and Singapore, I see that Auckland is much like the Singapore city, you get stuffs that are "Asian/Indian". Food, clothing, people etc. THere are some busy streets, but keep in mind that the weather does not permit this 24/7 thingy in NZ. This is what I noticed. You cannot wander around the streets in bitter cold. Can you?

2. Kids life => In this era of sophisticated technology and gadgets, in which country do you see kids not playing with phone and tabs? virtually everyone has a gadget these days.. I have seen too much of "gadget living in Singapore", without which it is impossible to live today's life. Weather in NZ changes rapidly which may not allow kids to be outdoors all the time, I have seen kids playing when it is sunny... sun in NZ is too strong, so caution needs to be exercised. Again I see it as more weather dependent. NZ is 100% child friendly country. I am surprised how the my daughter is treated in her kindy... she has started speaking English ( we are not native English speakers ), she is given free veggies some times, kid's towels etc all for free. Have not seen any other places kids friendly than this.
    Where on earth can I expect all these..? I paid 200 SGD per month for a mere small class room like kindy in Singapore, with no spaces to move around and costly.

3. Work => 50 K NZD is reasonable if you live outside of Auckland. Rental in AKL is about 450$ for a good insulated house. Electricity can be about 250/300$ during winter because of using heat pumps.

Singapore/Kuala Lumpur/ Bangkok / Hong Kong / Beijing / Shanghai etc. have very busy street life and the concept of 24X7 really exists.

450$ per week for a good insulated house

Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    450$ per week for a good insulated house
    Wow...what a great explanation friend...cant expect more....u have shown me clear picture of NZ...I can feel ur feeling of saturation ...I am really really emotionally connected to NZ ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12