Thread: Question about pregnant visitor's visa partner?

Question Question about pregnant visitor's visa partner?

Hello there,

Some people that I know of had their visitor's visa partner pregnant. I'm wondering is this acceptable when applying for say work visa under partnership? How is this likely to impact the application? Me and my partner are not planning to this. We both have a plan on having starting a family once everything is settled and when she got a resident visa. I am just curious. Has there any circumstances that getting your partner pregnant while in visitor visa and before applying for work visa under partnership became a problem? Thanks

Good day.

No, it's not a problem in itself. INZ has a definite policy that pregnancy is NOT ill-health. The couple would have to prove their partnership (i.e. the time they have spent living together) in the usual way.

Also, a partner-sponsored temporary work visa gives permission for the partner to work in NZ, but it doesn't carry any obligation to work.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Does that mean that when for example my partner was given a work visa and can't work, it won't affect the next application which is resident?

Does that mean that when for example my partner was given a work visa and can't work, it won't affect the next application which is resident?
    That is exactly right, if you're talking about a partner-sponsored temporary work visa (which is an open visa allowing the person to take any job offered in NZ). The only requirement for getting this kind of visa is to be living in partnership with a NZ national or resident.

If you happened to have a partner who has a work visa in their own right because they have a skilled job, THAT kind of visa depends on their employment, regardless of who they live with.