Thread: Entry to NZ - Urgent advise required

Default Entry to NZ - Urgent advise required

Folks,

Myself and family holds an SMC Resident Visa and we are planning to fly to NZ on 10th of September 2018. That will be my first entry since the visa is stamped in the passport. As mentioned in the visa, Resident Visa will be valid for further travel for 24 months from first arrival (first arrival will be on 10th Sep 2018).

Due to some urgent commitments we need to travel back to mother land from NZ on 13th of Sep.
    My queries are :
    1. Is iit ok to fly out from NZ on 13th Sep 2018 soon after I make an entry on 10th Sep 2018?
    2. Will they stamp a new visa on arrival at the airport on 10th Sep? Immigration procedures will be over before we fly out on 13th Sep 2018?

Awaiting urgent advise.

Thanks.

When you arrive for the first time, you can go in the queue for NZers. The official at the desk will scan your passport, and that activates your visa - just like that. S/He will probably say, 'Welcome home,' which makes a lot of people very emotional! You don't get a NEW visa - you already have residence, and presenting your passport at the airport of arrival activates it.

After that point, which has started your two years' travel conditions, you can leave and return at will.

Thankyou JandM. Appreciate your swift response.