Thread: Immigration Interview

Default Immigration Interview

Hello All Members,

If some one can help me in regards to my wife situation on Immigration matters

I am Nz PR recently we have applied for my wife visa on Partnership basis (visitor visa) from India New Delhi Branch. Application lodge on 25 July 2018 and case officer assigned on 25 August and she requested us that she want to take Interview for both of us. She is going to interview personally with my wife and at the same time she will call me over here in Nz.

So is there any one over here who can help us like what type of questions they can ask.

Thanks in Advance,

As partner-sponsored visas don't require any proof of qualifications or work experience, they are the ones most targeted for crooks bribing people to lie to get them a visa. INZ know this, so they investigate carefully evidence given of partnership/living together.

If anyone gets called for an interview about partnership it's because the officials are responsible for checking that the partnership is genuine, so in general, they will be making sure that the two people give roughly the same answers to things like how long they have known each other, how they met, etc., and they might ask about the other partner's background and family. These things are not difficult for genuine partners, but will catch out anyone who is faking a partnership just for one of them to get a visa.

Some of these interviews go into small matters like the partner's hobbies, or favourite foods or films, who does what domestic chores, how does it work, entertaining v. cooking, if you have people round for a meal, when in the day does the other one brush their teeth - again, real partners won't have any trouble, but fakers would be caught out.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12 View Post
    Hello All Members,

If some one can help me in regards to my wife situation on Immigration matters

I am Nz PR recently we have applied for my wife visa on Partnership basis (visitor visa) from India New Delhi Branch. Application lodge on 25 July 2018 and case officer assigned on 25 August and she requested us that she want to take Interview for both of us. She is going to interview personally with my wife and at the same time she will call me over here in Nz.

So is there any one over here who can help us like what type of questions they can ask.

Thanks in Advance,
    they might ask intimate question i heard

Thank you JandM for ur reply..Now i got your point like what they can ask..Actually we both have next week Interview on Tuesday just fingers crossed atm..but still my wife is bit of worried..and nervous
    any ways thanks will update you soon

Based on a friend's experience, they ask how you met, who handles financial matters and how, when did you get married, did your parents consent to the wedding and what are your life goals.

ok got it thank you