Thread: Job Title & Description Changed

Default Job Title & Description Changed

Hi, i am planning to apply essential work visa very soon, now i am on post-study employer assisted.
    I've talked to my manager to re-write the contract because previously the contract listed the task/responsibilities very vaguely and many additional non-relevant stuff also included due to possible copy and paste "laziness".

I think its better to list tasks more specifically and inline with what i really do.

Overall there is no real change to the role.
    The title will be change from assistant accountant to assistant management accountant.
    And a new contract stating the task which mostly was included in the prior contract but "all over the place".

Do i need to do a VOC ?

Looking here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isted#criteria at the details you would have had to supply to be granted this visa, I think you are right and you need to let INZ know about this rewriting of your responsibilities. The job TITLE doesn't really matter, because an employer can call a job whatever they like that makes sense within their organization - it's the specific responsibilities listed, and (for some visas) how they match up with the job description at ANZSCO.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Looking here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isted#criteria at the details you would have had to supply to be granted this visa, I think you are right and you need to let INZ know about this rewriting of your responsibilities. The job TITLE doesn't really matter, because an employer can call a job whatever they like that makes sense within their organization - it's the specific responsibilities listed, and (for some visas) how they match up with the job description at ANZSCO.
    ok, thanks JandM

Hi, my SMC application was declined in May.
    The co did not update the online portal till now.

I am about to apply for a work visa and so i thought better get this 'status' thing updated.
    So i emailed her asking if she can update the portal status, and her response is "Please contact our Immigration Contact Center in regards to this query"

How is this a query ? why would i need to call contact center and wait 30 minutes(approx) because she never do her job ?

It is clerks who update the online status when a decision on an application for residence under SMC is reached, not the CO him/herself. The CO puts the person's name on whichever list it is for action, and that is the end of his/her responsibility for the case.

It is clerks who update the online status when a decision on an application for residence under SMC is reached, not the CO him/herself. The CO puts the person's name on whichever list it is for action, and that is the end of his/her responsibility for the case.
    Thanks JandM, even if it is not her job to update the status. As you mentioned, "CO puts the person's name on whichever list it is for action". So if the clerk fails to act, I emailed her. Shouldn't she first check if she had send the email to the clerk and resend if necessary ?

Why do I have to waste my time on CO/clerk omission ?

And these days contact centre don't pick up phone in 5 minutes.....

You're dealing with a government department, so whatever happens, it's never going to be their fault that a member of the public is inconvenienced!

Seriously, any CO's job is to do casework on their current allocation only. This one who worked your case some time ago will no longer have any records to hand relating to you.

You're dealing with a government department, so whatever happens, it's never going to be their fault that a member of the public is inconvenienced!

Seriously, any CO's job is to do casework on their current allocation only. This one who worked your case some time ago will no longer have any records to hand relating to you.
    Yup. What to do, government is the boss. Anyway I submitted a "suggestion" on this process.