Thread: Reapply SMC Residence Visa with same employer

Default Reapply SMC Residence Visa with same employer

Hi guys, I definitely need some advice right now.

I used to apply a SMC residence visa last year but the outcome is unsuccessful as my work is not substantial match the ANZSCO core task. At that time INZ didn't declined my application but I choose to withdrew it. They consider my current job as level 4 and I have to apply under a low-skilled work visa which I've got as my current visa right now.

Recently, my employer offering me a new position as a production manager in the head office (which match the anzsco skilled level 1) and he wants me to try to apply for residence again.

My question is, will INZ bring up the issue from my last SMC application and argue that this new position offer is not genuine? I've heard that the risk is high to try to reapply under the same employer even though the position is totally different.

Any advice will be very appreciated as I'm very confused whether to accept my employer offer or not as I don't want to waste another lots of money and time for the SMC process if the chance is very slim to get it approved.
    Last edited by cakes88; 12th September 2018 at 03:55 PM.

Every application is treated separately. If your employer gives you a new contract and new job description, and you meet the requirements for residence under SMC, there is no reason you should not be granted the visa.

People apply again for a visa all the time when they have something different to offer after being rejected previously, and INZ recognize perfectly well that people's circumstances change.

Thanks for your input JandM. I think I'll try to apply for a high skilled work visa first to test it.

Just be wary, INZ may query whether there is a genuine need for the position if the position has never existed before

Thanks for your input. Finger crossed there'll be no problems at all as someone been in the position before but had resigned.