Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous about visa.

Default Nervous about visa.

The immigration process seems nerve wracking. I’m an American applying for the partnership visa. I just sent out my visa paperwork this last Friday. My husband is a kiwi by birth. The house is for sale and we’re moving.
    So, at first, I had no idea what an inz panel physician was. I used my own doctor. Visa, understandably, gets sent back. So I drive 800 miles to see a specific doctor to get chest X-rays, blood work, and UA. In the UA, they found trace amounts of blood. Great. Which indicates that I had a uti or bladder infection at the time. Would that effect their decision on approving the visa?
    Not only that, my partner and I have been dating for about 4.5 years, married for 4 months. We never shared anything financially except for car insurance. He makes way more than I do, so it was always pointless. Besides, who’s going to put their girlfriend on their home mortgage? I’ve provided a ton of Facebook pictures that are time stamped, cards I sent him, mail I received there, letters from my Brother, mother, and a friend (I even included a photocopy of their IDs just because of paranoia lol), letters from
    Him and I explaining our history and why we’re moving, even our daughter’s death certificate.

We also had to provide fbi records. I’m totally good, but he has a black mark from when he was in college like 17 years ago for fighting. Never stuck, but it’s still on his record.

I know I’ve written a book here, but I’m pretty nervous about not being approved. I’m going to be screwed if it’s denied. Essentially, I’ll be without my husband or x amount of time. I have a plane ticket for December even.
    Any opinions, ideas, and or telling me to shut up and stop worrying is welcome. Lol. Thanks for reading.

welcome to the forum (I'm the one you were talking to on reddit)

My personal experience with this is out of date so I can't help much, but if you search or scroll through, you'll find lots of other threads about partnership visa evidence. You're trying to prove that you lived together for the past 12 months in particular. If INZ wants more evidence, they'll tell you.
    Hopefully someone else can help with your other questions.

Hey lol nice username! I pass through OR often I’ll check it out. Thanks again.

I'm probably not the one that can ease your mind but thought I'd say a few things.

Did you also include mail your husband received? Just asking as you've put "mail I received there". Other threads have indicated that official mail is preferred (e.g. banks, government departments, companies etc) over personal letters. There are tons of threads with the different type of evidence available but it seems you've covered off a good amount. Some things which other people have used are things like receipts for household purchases (furniture etc).

For the financial stuff which comes up in previous threads - it doesn't have to be a joint account. It can be how you split household expenses or share the costs between you. Other threads have said things like "I pay for groceries, they pay the water bill etc".

For his criminal record - make sure it clearly states the outcome. I know someone who applied with an arrest noted on their record. They were detained only, never convicted and were told by the Police (or is it Sheriff's office - I don't really know the difference) as long as they didn't get arrested again within a year it wouldn't show up (it did). The FBI check had something like "DET ONLY" along with a few other abbreviations. Immigration NZ wanted evidence of the outcome since it didn't say it clearly. There was a lot of being bounced around on the phone between different offices and no one able to help over the phone.

Worrying is a very normal part of the process! I'm going through the same thing at the moment. No one here can really ease your mind until the outcome of your visa is processed but don't forget to keep collecting evidence as you may be asked for it before it gets approved - at least other threads have said that.

PS I love Seattle!

I did include his mail along wth my own. Even unopened mail (like credit card offers). We both basically wrote letters stating that he makes way more than I do, which he does, and he pays for most things. I just mentioned I got off of his car insurance because I went out and bought my own car and insurance. Seattle rocks lol I’ll miss it for sure.

I could be wrong here, but your husband's police certificate is probably not the one to worry about too much? He has got a Kiwi passport, I assume, so doesn't need to apply for permission to enter the country....

He does have a kiwi passport, but he (I think) had to fill out the supporting partner form out. Basically proving he is a citizen and whatever else is in that form.

I would not worry about your husband..... he is a nz so always welcome back lol:-)

I agree with QueenSteph - a NZ citizen has the RIGHT to come home.

Also, for information, even in cases where a non-citizen is sponsoring a partner, so they do have to prove their good character, some case where they got involved with the police in the past (and sometimes for much worse things than you're talking about) is not a hindrance. What INZ can do with such people is say they must apply for a character waiver, which involves their describing what they did, taking responsibility for it, and explaining how, in the time between, they have learnt different attitudes and have become a good member of society, then supplying character references from people of good standing to support this. Your husband WON'T have to do that - I'm just saying it so you know that a young person's mistake doesn't have to haunt them for ever.

It still worries me lol. This whole process is worrisome. If anyone cares for an update: I got a confirmation email saying the embassy has accepted the application and someone’s currently looking at it. The person I talked to over the phone said it’s going by rather quickly... so that’s good. Wish me luck! Lol my plane ticket is for December 13th I’d hate to have to spend more money to change it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast