Thread: SMC as a Main/Dependent applicant at the same

Smile SMC as a Main/Dependent applicant at the same

Dear ENZ Network,

I submitted my SMC EOI (170 points, offshore, without job offer) in September and received the ITA a week later. In my EOI, I have included my wife and my child in the application - at the moment, I'm compiling all necessary documents and should be able to submit the ITA back to INZ in the next few weeks.

A question that I would like to ask the forum is for my wife. If she applies as a main applicant, she can make 175 points (offshore, no job offer - same) by including me and our child as dependents. Would this be ok?

Reason I ask is our application should most likely be processed at the same time and I'd expect that we may get the JSV about the same time. That should allow us to travel and do the job search together. It should also give us more chance to get RV by both opportunities to secure job (instead of one).

Seems like there are multiple plus to do so. I do realize the money risk (from both applications/fees) and some other costs. However, I may have missed something important here. So I hope someone can share their experiences, hurdles, hindsight of doing this.

Thank you so much!

I'm just saying I've seen this post, and that I don't know an answer for you. I don't think I've seen anyone on the threads say that they've done this.

Is there anyone out there who can add something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactster View Post
    Dear ENZ Network,

I submitted my SMC EOI (170 points, offshore, without job offer) in September and received the ITA a week later. In my EOI, I have included my wife and my child in the application - at the moment, I'm compiling all necessary documents and should be able to submit the ITA back to INZ in the next few weeks.

A question that I would like to ask the forum is for my wife. If she applies as a main applicant, she can make 175 points (offshore, no job offer - same) by including me and our child as dependents. Would this be ok?

Reason I ask is our application should most likely be processed at the same time and I'd expect that we may get the JSV about the same time. That should allow us to travel and do the job search together. It should also give us more chance to get RV by both opportunities to secure job (instead of one).

Seems like there are multiple plus to do so. I do realize the money risk (from both applications/fees) and some other costs. However, I may have missed something important here. So I hope someone can share their experiences, hurdles, hindsight of doing this.

Thank you so much!
    This is a really interesting moved. There are no 'technicality' in law stopping you from doing this i guess. And they would be access by different CO most likely.
    Might be new to adviser/lawyers as well.