Thread: Come with nothing - Here's a houseful of stuff already in NZ !

Default Come with nothing - Here's a houseful of stuff already in NZ !

Want to move to NZ and have everything you need when you get here?

G'day everyone,

My name is Rick (rikdownunda). I'm an Aussie and have lived here in NZ (South Island) for over 7yrs. 5yrs in Hokitika, 2 plus years in Timaru. Timaru is the perfect balance between the rural South Island living and all the facilities of a city. Research Timaru.

We've had our fun, now we're moving back to Australia in early Nov 2018. Time for me to settle down and get superannuation for retirement.

As you guys would be aware, moving countries is very expensive and a logistical nightmare. We've decided to get rid of everything we own in NZ and start from scratch in Australia. Even if we have to live out of tents for a while.

I have a whole house of furniture I'm essentially GIVING AWAY ! Not quite, I'd like $1000.00 (NZ) for it. I could flog it all off on Trademe for more than that but I'd like to give someone else the opportunity of getting it all.

It's not great quality stuff but it's functional. We're a family of 5. Wife and me, three children. Hell, we could possibly arrange for you to move into this rental we're in ! 223 North St, West End, Timaru 7910. $330p/w. Three bedrooms.

Some of what is included (but remember it's EVERYTHING even if I forget to put it below):
    Furniture:
    Queen sized bed (bought July 2015)
    2 x single beds (bought July 2015)
    Double bed (pretty shitty but works for our teenage daughter)
    4 x Desks with drawers (good condition bought July 2015)
    2 x sets of drawers
    1 x dresser
    Dining Table and assortment of non-matching chairs.
    Side Table
    Lounge
    TV stand

Applicances:
    Fridge (old but works)
    Chest Freezer (bought Feb 2018)
    Washing machine
    Drier
    TV plus surround sound
    Playstation 3 (excellent condition)
    Satellite decoder
    Cordless phone
    Modem (Wireless)
    Food processor
    Nutribullet
    Microwave
    Hand held mixer
    toaster
    kettle
    bread machine
    Electric Mincer (I used to make sausages)
    Iron and Ironing board

Kitchen
    Plates, bowls, glasses, mugs, wine glasses
    Utensils, cuttlery
    Knives
    pots and pans
    baking trays, baking dishes, racks
    coffee plunger
    gravy boat
    plastic containers
    Big selection of metal cooking bowls.
    all left over cleaning products
    extension cords, power boards, etc.
    Surround sound system for computer

Yard
    Lawnmower (runs well)
    hoses
    bush saw
    sprayer

Everything else
    clothes drying rack
    washing basket
    Indoor fire protection fence/grill (whatever you call it)
    BBQ (dirty but works great) with two empty but new gas bottles
    Portable fans
    tripod LED spotlight (as new)
    Hair clippers (brand new)
    2 x bodyboards
    fold out chair
    petrol containers
    any and all linen we have (not great quality)
    and more....

And I forgot:
    If you're really keen I can include our two cars and boat.
    absolute bargains at:

Suzuki Aero - $2000.00 (Value $4000)
    Landrover - $2000.00 (Value $4000)
    14 foot aluminium, centre console fishing boat, very new 40HP Yamaha outboard electric start, electric tilt. with Very new trailer. fuel tanks, fishing gear, anchors, etc. $5000.00 (Value $8000)

Everything I own for only $10,000.00 (NZ)

Any questions welcome: [email address removed in line with Forum Rule 10. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40236 Rick, please make five posts in total on any threads, then people will be able to use the PM facility to contact you.]

Cheers,
    Rikdownunda

This reads like a most generous offer. Forum members should remember that ENZ isn't responsible for the content of the post, so any arrangements you make are private between you and the poster - you need to check things out for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This reads like a most generous offer. Forum members should remember that ENZ isn't responsible for the content of the post, so any arrangements you make are private between you and the poster - you need to check things out for yourselves.
    Thanks JandM.
    I assure you this is a genuine and negotiable offer. If you leave out the vehicles, the house full of furniture could be a great opportunity for low budget movers. I'd love to know that I've been able to help someone and it helps me. It's not the financial aspect that helps me but not needing to get rid of everything individually. It's a win/win.

I can prove my integrity for anyone interested. I worked 15yrs for Centrelink in Australia and more recently I was manager for 5yrs with Inland Revenue. Site Manager for the West Coast based in Greymouth and Site Manager for South Canterbury based in Timaru.
    I was then Area Manager for South Canterbury and Dunedin with Statistics NZ.
    I am currently a Cook at Glenwood Aged Care Facility Timaru.
    All these changes towards my end goal of getting back to Australia in Nov 2018.

If I can't find someone who will benefit from my offer I will be contacting my friends at Family Support to take everything. I have donated a lot to them through my networks with Oranga Tamariki.

Thanks for the tip on how to get PM working.

Cheers,
    Rick Fehlberg

What a cool opportunity for someone! I hope the timing/location works out, it's very kind to offer.