Thread: Citizenship Application - current processing time?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Citizenship Application - current processing time?

Hello

We have recently submitted my husband’s application for New Zealand citizenship and was hoping someone would be able to give me an idea on the current processing time? Any indication on how long it was before you received your approval letter and then letter for the citizenship ceremony would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tinesha

According to Citizenship office - 2 months to know the outcome of your application.
    "When you find out about your application
    If you are successful, you get a letter from the Citizenship Office. This should be about 2 months after you apply.

If there are any problems with your application, the case officer contacts you."

https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...z-citizenship/

After being successful, you need attend Citizenship ceremony organised by local councils to become a Citizen.

Hi I wonder if anyone have gone through the citizenship interview, if so would you mind to share the questions

Quote Originally Posted by chloe2018 View Post
    Hi I wonder if anyone have gone through the citizenship interview, if so would you mind to share the questions
    http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...Document#three

The Citizenship Office reserves the right to interview all applicants. Most applicants will not be interviewed as part of the citizenship process.